Sun Spotlights The Arc New London CountyJuly 2, 2012 - Women's National Basketball Association (WNBA) Connecticut Sun
Fans are encouraged to visit The Arc New London County table on the main concourse during the game against the Mystics. They will have the opportunity to meet The Arc families and learn how to support the organization, which has an extensive network of local Arcs throughout Connecticut.
"The Connecticut Sun is a strong voice in support of full inclusion for all citizens," said The Arc New London County's Chief Executive Officer Kathleen Stauffer. "The players attend our events and demonstrate genuine interest in our work and the people we serve. It means a lot because people do follow their example."
The Arc New London County is a person-centered, full service provider offering supports ranging from employment and community integration to residential and in-home services throughout Eastern Connecticut. Founded in 1952 by families seeking greater opportunity for their children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, The Arc New London County advocates for full inclusion for all citizens.
"Once again, it is our pleasure to highlight The Arc with this special evening on July 11th," Sun Vice President and General Manager Chris Sienko said. "The Arc does so much promote full inclusion in our community, and we hope our fans will help spread its message that everyone has the right to participate in all aspects of our society."
The Connecticut Sun Community Spotlight is a special program that offers non-profit groups a chance to raise funds while also using the platform of a WNBA game to build awareness with the public.
The Sun will be donating $6 from every ticket purchased by The Arc New London County and its supporters back to the organization, with proceeds going toward its Community Life and Advocacy Program. Those interested in helping The Arc New London County raise funds while enjoying a Sun game can visit www.thearcnlc.org or call Barbra Domijan at 860-889-4435 x116 to purchase tickets at a reduced price of $19. Those fans that purchase tickets through The Arc New London County will be eligible to participate in a meet-and-greet with Sun players as well as a group picture.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
• Digg this story
• Add to Del.icio.us
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 2, 2012
- Sparks Forward Candace Parker Named Player of the Month - Los Angeles Sparks
- Atlanta Dream Skills Academy in Winston July 16 - Atlanta Dream
- Charles Named Player of the Month - Connecticut Sun
- Connecticut's Charles and Los Angeles' Parker Named Players of the Month - WNBA
- Atlanta Dream's Angel McCoughtry Named WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week - Atlanta Dream
- Indiana Acquires Karima Christmas in Trade with Tulsa Shock - Indiana Fever
- Shock Acquires Roneeka Hodges - Tulsa Shock
- Dream's McCoughtry and Silver Stars' Young Take Weekly Honors - WNBA
- Sun Spotlights The Arc New London County - Connecticut Sun
- Sparks Waive Guard Coco Miller - Los Angeles Sparks
- Phoenix Mercury's Samantha Prahalis Named Rookie of the Month for June - WNBA
- New York Liberty Waives Kelly Miller - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.