Sparks Waive Guard Coco Miller
Los Angeles - The Los Angeles Sparks have waived guard Coco Miller the team announced today.
The 5'9" guard played in 10 games with Los Angeles after being signed on Friday, June 8. She averaged 2.6 points, 2.7 rebounds and 1.1 assists for the Sparks in 14.1 minutes per game.
Miller appeared in 31 games last season with the Atlanta Dream and averaged 7.3 points, 1.9 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game. Miller is in her 12th season in the WNBA. Before her prior three seasons with the Dream, Miller spent eight years with the Washington Mystics. She averages 5.8 points, 2.1 rebounds and 1.4 assists per game in her WNBA career and has advanced to the postseason in six of those seasons. Miller was named the WNBA's Most Improved Player in 2002.
The Rochester, Minn. native was originally selected in the 2001 WNBA Draft by the Mystics with the No. 9 overall pick. She played at the University of Georgia, leading the Lady Bulldogs to the 1999 Final Four. Miller finished her career as a four-time All-Southeastern Conference selection and two-time All-American.
• Discuss this story on the Women's National Basketball Association message board...
Women's National Basketball Association Stories from July 2, 2012
- Sparks Forward Candace Parker Named Player of the Month - Los Angeles Sparks
- Atlanta Dream Skills Academy in Winston July 16 - Atlanta Dream
- Charles Named Player of the Month - Connecticut Sun
- Connecticut's Charles and Los Angeles' Parker Named Players of the Month - WNBA
- Atlanta Dream's Angel McCoughtry Named WNBA Eastern Conference Player of the Week - Atlanta Dream
- Indiana Acquires Karima Christmas in Trade with Tulsa Shock - Indiana Fever
- Shock Acquires Roneeka Hodges - Tulsa Shock
- Dream's McCoughtry and Silver Stars' Young Take Weekly Honors - WNBA
- Sun Spotlights The Arc New London County - Connecticut Sun
- Sparks Waive Guard Coco Miller - Los Angeles Sparks
- Phoenix Mercury's Samantha Prahalis Named Rookie of the Month for June - WNBA
- New York Liberty Waives Kelly Miller - New York Liberty
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.