Offense A No Show As T-Bones Rout DiablosJune 19, 2012 - American Association (AA) El Paso Diablos
Rainwater, whose two wins have both come at the Diablos expense, did not allow a run and struck out three while shutting down El Paso on 105 pitches. Going back to the second game of the series in Laredo, the Diablos have scored just four runs over their last four games, a span of 40 innings. This for a team that as recently as a week ago ranked third in the entire American Association in team batting average.
El Paso put three runners in scoring position all night and managed just one extra base hit, a two-out triple by Brian Joynt in the fourth.
The lack of run support did not help Diablos starter Scott Hodsdon, who picked up his first loss of the season. Hodsdon threw six innings, allowing five earned runs but walking a season-high five batters as his control eluded him. The right-hander also surrendered a pair of home runs, a solo shot to Hunter Mense in the fourth and a line drive over the left field wall by Devin Goodwin in the fifth.
Leading 6-0, Kansas City then added four more runs in the bottom of the eighth, all charged to Diablos reliever Blake Cull, who did not record an out among the five batters he faced.
The loss drops El Paso to 7-24 overall and 1-13 on the road. The Diablos will attempt to salvage the series in a morning start series finale on Wednesday. First pitch is scheduled for 11 a.m. (CST) and 10.a.m. El Paso time. Diablos fans can catch all the action by tuning in to Fox Sports Radio 1380.
American Association Stories from June 19, 2012
- Lemurs Let One Slip Away - Laredo Lemurs
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Pheasants Win Fifth in a Row - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Jarvis Goes Distance in 6-0 X's Win - Sioux City Explorers
- Jarvis Shuts down RedHawks, Sioux City wins 6-0 - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Kansas City Defeats El Paso in Game Two of Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- Mackey Rights Ship for the 'Dogs in 5-2 Win - Lincoln Saltdogs
- Fish Fall Again to the Pheasants - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Offense A No Show As T-Bones Rout Diablos - El Paso Diablos
- Committee Loss for Saints, 5-2 to Saltdogs - St. Paul Saints
- Ziegler, Pitching Great against Sox - Wichita Wingnuts
- Big first inning by Wingnuts stifles Sox in 7-1 loss - Amarillo Sox
- AirHogs Set New Franchise Mark with 10th Straight Victory - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Eastview High School Wins 3A State Championship - St. Paul Saints
- AirHogs Outlast Boulders in 11 - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Wingnuts Sign Owner Nate Robertson - Wichita Wingnuts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.