Goins Double Not Enough in 6-5 Loss at RichmondJune 13, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) - New Hampshire Fisher Cats Press Release
Goins double came with two outs in a 3-3 game in the game's final inning. He laced a two-strike curve ball off the wall in right field, plating Brian Van Kirk and Justin Jackson to put the Fisher Cats on top 5-3.
Fernando Hernandez (L; 0-3) couldn't hold that lead, giving up three runs in the bottom of the inning. Gary Brown singled to tie the game with the bases loaded at 5-5. Juan Ciriaco followed with a soft single to right to drive home the winning run at 6-5.
The 11th-inning comeback was the second of the night for Richmond as the Squirrels overcame an eighth-inning hole by scoring three runs against Aaron Loup. The Fisher Cats were able to force extra innings when Van Kirk scored the tying run on a wild pitch in the ninth.
New Hampshire built its lead through eight innings when Mark Sobolewski (three hits) scored on a wild pitch by the starter Chris Heston (ND). Mike McDade pushed the lead to 2-0 with a long homer to right in the eighth, his team-leading 11th of the season. The slugger finished the night with three hits and his 38th RBI of the season.
Yohan Pino took a no-decision after hurling five shutout innings. Sam Dyson followed with a pair of scoreless frames before Loup lost the lead in the eighth.
The teams now meet for the final time on Thursday night at 6:35 PM. RHP Chad Jenkins (2-6, 6.35) takes the ball against Richmond LHP (4-5, 3.12). Radio coverage of begins at 6:15 PM with Tom Gauthier on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network and www.nhfishercats.com.
The Fisher Cats return home on Tuesday, June 19, to begin a seven-game homestand with the Reading Phillies and Harrisburg Senators. The stand begins with a CCSNH Reading Challenge night. For the full list of promotions and to purchase tickets, visit www.nhfishercats.com.
Eastern League Stories from June 13, 2012
- 'Wolves Clobber Sens in Game Two - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Win See-Saw Battle, 6-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Goins Double Not Enough in 6-5 Loss at Richmond - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- 'Sox Stymie Sea Dogs in 7-0 Shutout - Portland Sea Dogs
- Baysox Give Sea Dogs Hart Attack - Bowie Baysox
- B-Mets Swept Away by R-Phils, 3-1 & 1-0 - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Sweep Twin Bill from Altoona, 10-2 and 2-0 - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Split Twinbill with Rock Cats - Akron RubberDucks
- Curve Thunderstruck in Doubleheader Sweep - Altoona Curve
- Rock Cats Split Doubleheader - New Britain Rock Cats
- 'Wolves Fail to Hold Leads in Game One - Erie SeaWolves
- Fisher Cats and Fisher Cats Foundation Donate More Than $5,000 to Campaign for The Mom's Place - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes vs. New Hampshire - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baseballtown Virtual Tour Unveiled - Reading Fightin Phils
- B-Mets Game Notes: vs Reading Phillies (Doubleheader) - Binghamton Mets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.