Storm Chasers stay perfect at home against Round RockJune 9, 2012 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) Round Rock Express
Round Rock struck first in the top of the first inning. After Matt Kata reached on a fielding error by Irving Falu, Leonys Martin tripled to drive him in and then scored on a Ryan Spilborghs sacrifice fly to take a 2-0 lead.
However, Omaha struck back quickly with a run in the bottom of the first and tied it on an Anthony Seratelli solo home run in the second, his second in as many days.
Omaha extended its lead with five more runs off Express starter Neil Ramirez (6-6) before he exited in the fourth. Ramirez allowed seven runs in three and one-third innings and picked up the loss. He allowed 11 Storm Chasers to reach base on eight hits and three walks. He also struck out four. It was the fourth time Ramirez has allowed at least seven runs in a start this season. His ERA now stands at a career-high 7.88.
Ryan Verdugo (4-1) picked up the win for Omaha. He lasted six innings and allowed just two unearned runs on four hits and three walks and struck out four.
The Storm Chasers grabbed two more runs off Ben Snyder in the fifth as Falu smacked his second two-run home run of the series. They then added three more in the eighth off Aaron Heilman. With 12 more runs Saturday, Omaha has scored 30 runs in the first three games of the series.
The E-Train added a run in the seventh on an RBI groundout by Kata. They plated two more in the eighth on bases loaded RBI groundouts by Yangervis Solarte and Greg Miclat.
Falu (2-for-3) led the way for the Storm Chasers with two RBI and three runs scored. Derrick Robinson and Chris Getz each had three hits and Wil Meyers added a pair of hits as well.
Julio Borbon (2-for-5) extended his hitting streak to 18 games. Joey Butler also added two hits.
Round Rock concludes its four game series Sunday at Omaha. First pitch is scheduled for 2:05 p.m. CDT. Left-hander Martin Perez (3-5. 5.28 ERA) is scheduled to start for the Express opposite Storm Chasers right-hander Nate Adcock (3-2, 1.99 ERA).
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 9, 2012
- Zephyrs Rally in 9th to Win - New Orleans Zephyrs
- Storm Chasers Rout the Express to Win, 12-5 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Rivercats Rake Three Homers as Sox Fall 10-2 - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- Raley Shines In Complete Game Shutout - Iowa Cubs
- Soto Joins Iowa for MLB Rehab Monday - Iowa Cubs
- Storm Chasers stay perfect at home against Round Rock - Round Rock Express
- Ross Pitches River Cats Past Sky Sox - Sacramento River Cats
- Sounds Split Doubleheader with Iowa Again - Nashville Sounds
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City RedHawks
- Round Rock Express - Game Notes at Omaha Storm Chasers - Round Rock Express
- Reno blanks Tucson - Tucson Padres
- Aces Shutout Tucson for Fifth-Straight Win - Reno Aces
- Nieve's Nil Helps 'Topes Blank Redbirds 12-0 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Rainiers Outdueled By Salt Lake - Tacoma Rainiers
- Sox and Sacramento Trade Big Innings in Split of Modified Doubleheader - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- River Cats Lose Game One 12-4, Win Game Two 11-2 - Sacramento River Cats
- Cubs split doubleheader - Iowa Cubs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.