Chris Schaeffer Placed on DLJune 3, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) - Lansing Lugnuts Press Release
Schaeffer, 24, was batting .250 (4-for-16) in seven games before suffering the injury off a foul tip in Saturday's game vs. South Bend.
Munoz, 23, was drafted by Toronto in the 34th round of the 2011 draft out of Northwestern State. In his pro debut, the Louisianan batted .231 in 45 games with the Bluefield Blue Jays last season.
The Lugnuts' roster currently comprises 25 active members and four players on the Disabled List.
Midwest League Stories from June 3, 2012
- Bees' Homers Enough to Edge Bandits, 3-1, Even Series - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Kernels rally late to clip Clinton, 5-4 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hawks Comeback Bid Falls Short in Extra-Inning Loss - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Hold on for 5-4 Sunday Win - Dayton Dragons
- LumberKings Hand Cedar Rapids Win - Clinton LumberKings
- Segovia Homers But Dragons Even Series - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Lugs end skid in wild 9-6, 10-inning win - Lansing Lugnuts
- Snappers Fall to Rattlers, 3-1 - Beloit Snappers
- Westlake Superior to Great Lakes - Great Lakes Loons
- Rattlers alone in first after 3-1 win in Beloit - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Cougars Clip Chiefs in 10 - Kane County Cougars
- Chiefs Fall 6-5 in 10 Innings Sunday - Peoria Chiefs
- Captains Drop Anchor in Eighth, Sink TinCaps 7-2 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- "Balk- Off" Win for the Captains - Lake County Captains
- Chris Schaeffer Placed on DL - Lansing Lugnuts
- Bees Lose to Bandits in Ten, 2-1 - Burlington Bees
- Dragons Activate Tuttle from Disabled List - Dayton Dragons
- Walk-off homer downs Kernels in Clinton - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.