Knights Sweep 'Pigs 7-2, Win Fifth-Straight GameMay 27, 2012 - International League (IL) Charlotte Knights
Charlie Leesman (4-4, 2.39) only surrendered two runs in seven innings to pick up the mound victory. Gregory Infante pitched two hitless innings to finish it off.
Lehigh Valley struck first in the opening frame when Andres Blanco led off with a walk, stole second, and scored on an Erik Kratz sacrifice fly.
Charlotte (28-23) took the lead with three runs in the second on five hits and two errors. The first two runs scored when Greene's sinking liner to center got by Domonic Brown.
Greene drove in another run in the third as did Ozzie Martinez to put the Knights up 5-1. Greene was 2-5 with three RBIs and Ray Olmedo was 3-4 with a walk and a run scored to extend his hitting streak to eight games. Jordan Danks also extended his hitting streak to nine games and scored two runs.
Doubles by Brown and Cody Overbeck cut the lead to 5-2 in the fourth.
A long single off the right field wall by Dan Johnson brought home Olmedo and made it 6-2 Knights in the sixth inning.
The Knights tacked on an insurance run in the eighth when Hector Gimenez drove home Greg Golson with a base hit to left that made it 7-2.
The Knights will welcome the Rochester Red Wings in for a four-game series starting Monday at 2:15 p.m. Right-hander Terry Doyle (3-3, 3.46) will take the hill for Charlotte. Charlotte will again be wearing camouflage jerseys and honoring war veterans in observance of Memorial Day. Gates are set to open at 1:00 p.m.
International League Stories from May 27, 2012
- Knights Sweep 'Pigs 7-2, Win Fifth-Straight Game - Charlotte Knights
- Seven-Run Ninth Blasts Tribe Past Bats 9-4 - Indianapolis Indians
- PawSox Go Homer Happy - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Chiefs Fall Behind Early in Loss to Clippers - Syracuse Chiefs
- Hens Fall 7-4 to Pawtucket - Toledo Mud Hens
- Jurrjens, G-Braves Blank Rochester, 1-0 - Gwinnett Braves
- Yankees Blank Buffalo 1-0 to Gain Split in Four Game Series - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
- RHP David Bromberg to Join Red Wings, Start Tomorrow's Game at Charlotte - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs Game Notes - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Bisons Add RHP Chris Young to Roster - Buffalo Bisons
- Rochester Red Wings Game Notes - Sunday, May 27 at Gwinnett (Braves) - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Notes - Buffalo vs. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre - Buffalo Bisons
- Baseball Month in Rochester - May 27 - Rochester Red Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.