Pino, Bocock Lead the Way in 8-2 Win over PortlandMay 24, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) New Hampshire Fisher Cats
Portland opened the scoring in the first inning, looking to take three of four in the series. But in the bottom of the first, Bocock delivered a two-out single to center field to tie the game at 1-1. An inning later, John Tolisano's bases-loaded single plated two more to give Pino an early 3-1 lead.
As Pino (W; 4-1) settled in, the Fisher Cats put the game away in the fourth. Eleven men came to the plate, producing five runs on five hits to knock starter Stolmy Pimentel (L; 1-1) out of the game. Brian Van Kirk and Mike McDade each drove home runs before Bocock struck for another two-out hit to plate a pair. Kevin Howard's RBI single capped the inning to give New Hampshire an 8-1 advantage.
Pino allowed a solo home run in the sixth before retiring five of the last six batters he faced. The righty earned his team-best fourth inning, allowing two runs over seven innings. He struck out three without giving up a walk. Fernando Hernandez closed down the final two frames to extend his scoreless streak to 8.2 innings.
Bocock was joined in the three-hit department by Ryan Goins (three singles) and Sean Ochinko (two doubles, single). Every Fisher Cats starter reached base with seven of the nine reaching base at least twice.
The Fisher Cats now hit the road for a four-game Memorial Day trip to Binghamton starting Friday night at 7:05 PM. RHP Joel Carreno (0-1, 6.14) takes the ball against LHP Darin Gorski (2-2, 4.28). Radio coverage begins at 6:45 PM with Bob Lipman on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network and www.nhfishercats.com.
The Fisher Cats return home for a brief three-game series starting Tuesday night with a celebration of Memorial Day presented by BAE Systems. For tickets and a complete list of promotions for the series with New Britain, visit www.nhfishercats.com.
Eastern League Stories from May 24, 2012
- Machado Walk-Off Single Seals Win - Bowie Baysox
- Pino, Bocock Lead the Way in 8-2 Win over Portland - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Murton's Walk-Off Hit Ends Trenton's Comeback Win vs. Akron - Trenton Thunder
- Baysox Split Series with Walk-Off Win, 6-5 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Sea Dogs scratched by the 'Cats 8-2 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Trenton Walks off with 4-3 Win over Aeros - Akron Aeros
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
- Senators Return Home for Seven-Game Homestand - Harrisburg Senators
- Zoilo Almonte and Jose Pirela Activated; OF Brewer Back to DL - Trenton Thunder
- 'Wolves Drop Series Finale - Erie SeaWolves
- Rock Cats Top Mets to Take Series - New Britain Rock Cats
- Curve Wrap Nice Homestand with 5-4 Win over 'Sens - Altoona Curve
- Romero's Drive Sours Series Finale, 6-4 - Binghamton Mets
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes at Bowie - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Rock Cats-Fisher Cats will play double-header July 16th at 5:35PM - New Britain Rock Cats
- Vinny Cerrato Heading for a Dunk Tank - Bowie Baysox
- Former Redskins and Colts Faceoff...In Softball - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.