Pelicans Announce Second Annual Art ContestMay 11, 2012 - Carolina League (CarL) Myrtle Beach Pelicans
Each student submitting an original piece of art will receive a free ticket to the June 15th home game. One winner will be chosen in each age group and each will receive a ceremonial first pitch and free tickets (up to 25) for his or her class. One grand prize winner will see his or her artwork on the cover of our In-Flight Magazine.
- All entries must be received at the ballpark by Friday, May 25th.
- Contestants are limited to one entry each.
- Entries may be in a medium of the artist's choice (oil, water color, pastels, pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, mixed media, etc.).
- Submissions should be on good quality bond, drawing paper, or illustration board. Preferred sizes for the image are 81/2"x11" or 11"x14"; matting is optional.
- Entries should not be framed.
- All entries must have the students name, grade, and school attached to a label that is affixed to the lower right front corner of the piece.
- All artwork becomes the property of the Myrtle Beach Pelicans.
- Age groups are K-3, 4-8, 9-12.
- The theme of the contest is 'Pelicans baseball' which includes but is not limited to images of our mascots (Splash, Deuce, and the Rally Shark), the Ballpark interior or exterior, ballpark food, fans and/or players.
- The winners will be the pieces that best illustrate the theme of 'Pelicans Baseball'.
Any questions may be directed to Tyler Alewine Director of Community Relations at 843-918-6015 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Pelicans continue a six game homestand tonight and Saturday at 7:05 and Sunday at 3:05 against the Salem Red Sox. Great seats are still available by calling 843-918-6000 or by visiting online at MyrtleBeachPelicans.com, powered by TicketReturn.
Carolina League Stories from May 11, 2012
- Red Sox Outlast Pelicans 5-3 in 14 Innings - Salem Red Sox
- Mudcats Score Early, Wallop Nationals - Carolina Mudcats
- Eibner's Grand Slam Undoes Keys - Frederick Keys
- Seven Run First Propels Carolina over Potomac 9-2 - Potomac Nationals
- Eibner Slams Rocks to Victory - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- 'Cats Score in Eight Frames to Best Dash - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Hillcats Best Dash in First-Place Battle - Winston-Salem Dash
- Pelicans Announce Second Annual Art Contest - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Lynchburg Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Mudcats Game Notes - May 11 - Carolina Mudcats
- All-Star Game Tickets Go on Sale Monday - Winston-Salem Dash
- RHP Leroy Hunt promoted to Double-A Birmingham - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.