Red Hot Vettleson Delivers Hot Rods Another WinApril 24, 2012 - Midwest League (MWL) Bowling Green Hot Rods
Vettleson got the Hot Rods scoring started in the bottom of the first inning with his first home run at Bowling Green Ballpark, a solo shot out to deep right-center field. The Seattle native then contributed to the Hot Rods second run of the game when he led the Hot Rods third off with a double. Just two batters later, Jeff Malm doubled Vettleson home on a ball sent to left-centerfield.
On what turned out to be a huge insurance run, Bowling Green took a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the fourth inning on a Ryan Brett single to centerfield. Juniel Querecuto began the inning with a triple but was stranded at third base with two outs. However, Brett delivered with a two-out single into centerfield to put the Hot Rods ahead by three.
Ryan Carpenter and Jake Partridge, both lefties, combined to only allow two solo homeruns in the game, a day after Quad Cities scored ten times. Partridge took over for Carpenter in the seventh inning and lasted the duration. Quad Cities made it interesting in the bottom of the ninth when they brought the tying run to first base with two outs, but Partridge's strikeout of Anthony Garcia ended the game and secured the series win for the Hot Rods.
With the nine-game homestand behind them, the Hot Rods hit the road for a ten-day, nine-game road swing that starts with three games in Beloit, Wisconsin. The first of those three games occurs Wednesday night at 5:30 PM CDT. The Hot Rods will send RHP Roberto Gomez (1-0, 4.80) to the mound, while the Snappers will counter with LHP Jason Wheeler (1-0, 2.40).
Join Hank Fuerst for the Forever Communications Pre-Game Show at 5:10 PM on the flagship station for the Hot Rods Radio Network, 1340-AM "The Ticket", or tune in to the game online at 1340wbgn.com.
Midwest League Stories from April 24, 2012
- Kernels rally but fall to Dayton, 3-2 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Hawks Sweep Away Rattlers with 10-4 Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Hawks complete sweep of Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Dragons Hold on for 3-2 Win - Dayton Dragons
- Bees Score 5 in 9th, But Lose 11-9 to Loons - Burlington Bees
- Walsh Homers Again, But River Bandits Fall in Finale - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Road Trip Ends with 7-3 Win at Clinton - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Hoilman Beats Lansing With Walk-Off Slam - Peoria Chiefs
- Cougars Hang on for Series Win - Kane County Cougars
- Captains Comeback Falls Short as They Lose 6-5 - Lake County Captains
- Hoilman, Chiefs slam Lugnuts in 9th, 6-2 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Red Hot Vettleson Delivers Hot Rods Another Win - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Dragons Gameday for April 24 - Dayton Dragons
- Upcoming Home Stand April 25-30 - Beloit Snappers
- Timber Rattlers Homestand Highlights for April 25-30 - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Captains Begin Six-Game Home Stand Wednesday Featuring Western Division Opponents - Lake County Captains
- Chiefs Add Concepcion, Cabezas in Roster Moves - Peoria Chiefs
- No Nuts, Please; Peanut-Free Games Set for May 9 and 10 - West Michigan Whitecaps
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.