Rahl Leads Senators to 4-1 Win over TrentonApril 21, 2012 - Eastern League (EL) Harrisburg Senators
Chris Rahl tripled in two runs in the seventh and then tacked on an insurance run in the ninth with his second solo home run to center field in the series. Rahl now has four home runs on the season to lead the Sens. He also had a single to go with the triple and home run, leaving him a double short of hitting for the cycle.
Destin Hood and Tim Pahuta both had two hits while Chris McConnell doubled for his first hit with the Sens.
After struggling in his first three starts, Paul Demny was outstanding on Saturday. He pitched into the seventh inning, leaving with a runner at second and one out. He allowed just one run on seven hits and had three 1-2-3 innings. Pat McCoy followed Demny and retired the final two batters in the seventh and started the eighth inning. McCoy retired the first two in the eighth, then allowed two to reach and turned the game over to Christian Garcia, who retired the final four batters for his first save of the season.
Jesus Valdez helped Demny by throwing out Luke Murton at second base in the second inning when Murton tried to stretch a single into a double. It was the fourth assist this season for Valdez.
The final game of the four-game series is Sunday afternoon at 1:05 p.m. with RH Jeff Mandel on the hill for the Senators. The game can be heard on 1460am The Ticket, on the Internet through the Senators website and on iHeartradio beginning at 12:45 p.m.
Eastern League Stories from April 21, 2012
- Aeros Add C Michel Hernandez - Akron Aeros
- Baysox Late Rally Falls Short - Bowie Baysox
- 'Wolves Beat Baysox 4-3; Cron Notches 1,000th Win - Erie SeaWolves
- Goins Doubles in Fisher Cats 4-1 Loss to New Britain - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Rock Cats Keep Rollin' With 4-1 Win - New Britain Rock Cats
- Aeros Knock off Phillies - Akron Aeros
- Rahl Leads Harrisburg Past Thunder - Trenton Thunder
- Rahl Leads Senators to 4-1 Win over Trenton - Harrisburg Senators
- Rain Forces Saturday Postponement for Curve, Squirrels - Altoona Curve
- INF Buck Britton Placed on DL - Bowie Baysox
- Squirrels and Curve Postponed Saturday - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Winning Streak Reaches Three After 6-1 Win - Binghamton Mets
- Sea Dogs Continue Slide with 6-1 Loss - Portland Sea Dogs
- Flying Squirrels Game Notes Vs. Altoona - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox - Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Andy Pettitte to Pitch in Trenton Wednesday - Trenton Thunder
- Sea Dogs Game Notes - Portland Sea Dogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.