Hogg Nets Game-Winner in Shootout for Second Night in a RowMarch 10, 2012 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Fort Worth Brahmas
Laredo got out to a 2-0 lead behind goals from Rusty Masters and A.J. Hau in the first six minutes of the second period. T.J. Fox cut the deficit in half when he buried home a rebound past Bucks' goaltender Torrie Jung at the 6:48 mark. After Trevor Hunt added a goal for Laredo and extended the lead to 3-1, Fox beat Jung again for his second goal of the night and 15th of the season.
Ryan Sparling gave Laredo a two-goal lead once again when he beat netminder Mark Guggenberger top-shelf at the 2:00 mark of the third period. But as they did Friday night, the Brahmas responded with a third period comeback. Just one minute after Sparling extended the Laredo lead to 4-2, Chad Woollard pulled Texas within a goal when he wristed a puck past Jung. For Woollard, it was his 26th goal of the season and his sixth in as many games.
At the 10:11 mark of the third period, Phil Fox weaved his way through the Laredo defense and fired a shot into the back of the net to even the score at four goals apiece and send the game into overtime.
After a scoreless overtime period, the Brahmas prevailed in the shootout, as Adam Hogg netted the game-winner on Texas' last shot for the second consecutive night. For Hogg, it was his eighth game-winner of the season. Guggenberger again did not allow a goal on five attempts, improving his save percentage in the shootout to 78.4 percent.
The Brahmas (32-19-8) are just one win shy of not only clinching a playoff berth, but also ensuring at least a third-place finish in the Berry Conference.
Texas is back in action Friday, March 16 and Saturday, March 17 at the Allen Event Center to take on the Americans. The Brahmas return to the NYTEX Sports Centre on Sunday, March 18 at 4:00pm against Allen for Beer League Night, when the team will wear the jerseys submitted by a local adult-league team.
For ticket information, call 817-336-4423 or visit www.brahmas.com . The NYTEX Sports Centre offers speedy and reliable Wi-fi provided by Great Auk Wireless. Also, visit ZuRoma at the NYTEX Sports Centre and Keller locations. All Brahmas away games are shown at ZuRoma through CHL-TV.
Central Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2012
- Rush Fall to Thunder 3-1 - Rapid City Rush
- Hogg Nets Game-Winner in Shootout for Second Night in a Row - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mallards Surge Past Tulsa 6-2; Quad City Moves into Tie for Final - Quad City Mallards
- Short Handed Bucks Fall in Shoot-Out - Laredo Bucks
- Lee's Milestone Goal Leads Bees to 5-2 Victory - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bees Overpower Sundogs with Second Period Surge, 5-2 - Arizona Sundogs
- Mavericks Fall to Americans, 4-3 - Missouri Mavericks
- Oilers Struggles Continue in 6-2 Loss to Mallards - Tulsa Oilers
- Gems Comeback Spoiled in 3-2 Shootout Loss - Dayton Gems
- Blaze Battle to Shootout Win in Dayton - Bloomington Blaze
- Gems Rematch Blaze for "Kids Eat Free Night" - Dayton Gems
- Rush Earn 5-3 Win in Wild Contest Against Thunder - Rapid City Rush
- Hogg Goal Lifts Brahmas Past Mavs in Shootout - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Thunder Win Streak Stopped as Rush Win, 5-3 - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.