P-Bruins Fall to Sound TigersMarch 4, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Providence Bruins
The P-Bruins and Sound Tigers exchanged big hits and big scoring opportunities in the opening minutes of the first frame. However, the physical play cost the Sound Tigers a goal at 3:26. Max Sauvé, working the puck down low, found Jamie Arniel on the half wall who fed the puck up to Warsofsky at the point. The rookie blue liner rang a shot off the post and past Bridgeport's Kevin Poulin. The Sound Tigers answered three minutes later when Jeremy Colliton slid the puck underneath a screened Karel St. Laurent. The play went back-and-forth until 11:46 when Michael Haley took a run at Nathan McIver at the point in front of Bridgeport's bench. The two exchanged pleasantries and punches in a heated exchange of right hooks. Bridgeport took their first lead of the night at 15:25 when Scott Howes deflected a shot past a screened St. Laurent. The power play goal sent the P-Bruins into the first intermission trailing 2-1.
Bridgeport extended their lead to 3-1 just 42 seconds after the puck dropped to start the second period when Colliton netted his second of the game. The two-goal lead wouldn't last long as Bridgeport's physical play cost them another goal at 2:20. Coming in on a two-on-one, Sauvé and Jamie Tardif danced around Bridgeport's defense. Without a clear shot, Tardif fed Cunningham back door, where he easily beat a sprawling Poulin. The Sound Tigers took a three-goal lead with two goals within two minutes of each other. Following the fifth goal, Adam Courchaine came in to relieve St. Laurent of the goaltending duties. Despite the three-goal deficit, the P-Bruins didn't stop attacking the Sound Tigers zone. At 10:57 Warsofsky, added his second power play goal of the night when he left Poulin looking with a quick slap shot right off of the face off. Cunningham and Tardif assisted on the play to send the P-Bruins into the final intermission trailing 5-3.
Providence opened the third period hungry for another goal. However, despite multiple quality scoring chances, the P-Bruins couldn't find the back of Poulin's net. Instead, Bridgeport added another insurance goal at 8:02. Haley netted his second goal of the night, giving the Sound Tigers a 6-3 win over the P-Bruins.
St. Laurent suffered the loss, blocking 12 Bridgeport attempts in 27:56 of play. Courchaine saved 7 of 8 Bridgeport shots in 29:24 of play. Poulin's 24 saves earned him the win.
The P-Bruins open next weekend at The Dunk versus the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins on Friday. The puck drops at 7:05 p.m. for Travel First Aid Kit Night, courtesy of Starr EMS. First Aid Kits are free to the first 2,000 fans. The team is on the road the rest of the weekend. The club visits Route 146 rival, the Worcester Sharks, on Saturday, before traveling north to Portland on Sunday to close out the weekend. To purchase our special ticket offers or for more information, call the Providence Bruins ticket office at (401) 273-5000 or log on to the team website at www.providencebruins.com .
American Hockey League Stories from March 4, 2012
- Sharks Fight Back for Point in Portland in 3-2 Shootout Loss - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Complete Home-And-Home Series Sweep of Marlies - Rochester Americans
- Falcons Earn Point at Hershey - Springfield Falcons
- Grand Rapids Blanked by Hamilton - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bulldogs Tame Griffins with 1-0 Shutout Win - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Pirates Beat Sharks in Shootout - Portland Pirates
- Potulny's Overtime Heroics Help Bears Past Falcons - Hershey Bears
- Another Extra-Time Game, Another Win for the Monsters - Lake Erie Monsters
- Mancari Hat Trick Lifts Wolves Over Western Conference Leader - Chicago Wolves
- Monarchs Outspouted by Whale - Manchester Monarchs
- Crunch Slip Past Devils - Albany Devils
- Another 2-For-3 Weekend for Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- P-Bruins Fall to Sound Tigers - Providence Bruins
- Stars Smother Heat, Win 4-1 - Texas Stars
- Sound Tigers Double up Bruins 6-3 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Penguins Rally to Stun Phantoms - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Crunch Edge Devils - Syracuse Crunch
- Another Overtime Loss for Checkers - Charlotte Checkers
- Whale Top Monarchs on the Road - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Announces Suspension - AHL
- Sharks Loan All-Star Goaltender to Peoria - Peoria Rivermen
- Gameday Preview - Texas at Abbotsford - Texas Stars
- MacKenzie Reassigned to Amerks from Gwinnett - Rochester Americans
- Heat Vs Stars Game Preview - Abbotsford Heat
- Bears Recall Goaltender Philipp Grubauer from South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Capitals Recall Braden Holtby from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Rampage Ground Aeros, 2-1, on Military Appreciation Night - San Antonio Rampage
- Third Straight Shootout Nets Second Straight Win - Lake Erie Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.