Blackhawks Recall Bollig from RockfordFebruary 28, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Rockford IceHogs
Bollig becomes the 46th different IceHogs skater to get recalled to the National Hockey League and fifth during 2011-12 to get recalled to Chicago. The 25 year-old leads the IceHogs and ranks seventh in the AHL with 163 penalty minutes. In 53 games with Rockford in 2011-12, Bollig has surpassed his rookie point total with nine points (3g-6a).
During his first full professional season in 2010-11, the St. Charles, Missouri native skated in 55 games with the IceHogs, recording four goals and 115 penalty minutes.
Bollig currently sits second on the IceHogs AHL career penalty minute list with 285 PIMs, just three behind Jake Dowell.
Hogs Next Game: Wednesday, Feb. 29 vs. Abbotsford Heat. Game time is 7:05 p.m. It's another Taco Bell Dollar Day as the IceHogs face off against the Heat for the final time in 2011-12. Fans can take advantage of one dollar beers, hot dogs, soft drinks and companion tickets. The game is the fourth and final between the two clubs and marks the return of former IceHogs All-Star defenseman Brian Connelly.
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2012
- B-Sens Ice the IceCaps, 5-1 - Binghamton Senators
- Aeros Mascot Will Skydive for Breast Cancer Awareness - Houston Aeros
- Brian Fahey Named Captain for Remainder of Season - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies End Homestand on a High Note with a 6-1 Win over Hamilton - Toronto Marlies
- Amerks Assign Fienhage, MacKenzie to Gwinnett - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Return to Scope Looking to Build on Longest Winning Streak - Norfolk Admirals
- Admirals Host Three at the BC this Week - Milwaukee Admirals
- The 72 Project Update And Part Two Of Ryan Walter On Puska On Pucks - OSC Original by Denis Puska
- Marlies to Honour Canadian Forces - Toronto Marlies
- Sharks Fall to Whale 2-1 in a Shootout - Worcester Sharks
- Tampa Bay Recalls Four Players from Admirals, Reassigns Alex Hutchings to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Gordon and Bitz Head to Chicago - Chicago Wolves
- Whale Dodge Sharks 2-1 in Shootout - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Weekly - AHL
- Devils Host American Cancer Society Night - Albany Devils
- Sabres Recall Forward Corey Tropp from Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Bulldogs Set for 2012 Pucks & Paws Game - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Barons Weekly Update - Oklahoma City Barons
- Falcons Acquire Nathan Longpre from Chicago Wolves - Springfield Falcons
- B-Sens Reassign Goaltender Brian Stewart to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Blackhawks Recall Bollig from Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Janik Joins Red Wings - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Church to be Inducted into Pirates Hall of Fame - Portland Pirates
- Wolves Trade Longpre to Springfield - Chicago Wolves
- Bruins Recall Sauve - Providence Bruins
- Week 22 - Palmieri Hits the Century Mark - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Recall Keith Aucoin from Hershey - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.