Give Blood; Watch HockeyJanuary 13, 2012 - American Hockey League (AHL) Peoria Rivermen
"We're so excited to partner with the Peoria Rivermen," said Shelly Heiden, CEO of the American Red Cross Heart of America Blood Services Region. "We know how many loyal fans they have throughout the Peoria area. We hope all those fans who are eligible will step up to help save lives by donating blood in January."
Saturday will be Peoria Rivermen Day at the Peoria Blood Donation Center. All presenting donors will receive two tickets to that night's game at Carver Arena against the Houston Aeros.
Peoria Rivermen Day at the Peoria Blood Donation Center
Saturday, January 14
7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
405 W. John H. Gwynn Jr. Ave.
The Central Illinois Chapter of the American Red Cross will have a table set up on the concourse at the arena during Saturday's game to share information about the importance of having a designated driver. The American Red Cross along with the Illinois Department of Transportation and Baumgarten Distributing are making it easy for patrons to designate a sober driver at the game. The Red Cross, their partners and the Rivermen, are teaming up to offer free non-alcoholic beverages to designated drivers.
Designated drivers can enjoy free nonalcoholic beverages in special "You Drink & Drive. You Lose" cups and buttons with the message: "You drink and I'll drive." Also that evening, game patrons will be able to experience what it might be like if they were pulled over after drinking. Red Cross volunteers will be conducting mock sobriety tests using fatal vision goggles.
How to Donate Blood
Simply call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients. A blood donor card or driver's license, or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.
American Hockey League Stories from January 13, 2012
- Admirals Fall to Wolves, Drop Third Straight - Milwaukee Admirals
- Wolves Win Fifth Straight with 2-1 Victory Over Milwaukee - Chicago Wolves
- Aeros Hold off Rivermen 2-1 - Peoria Rivermen
- B-Sens Fall Flat in 5-2 Loss to Crunch - Binghamton Senators
- Smith, IceHogs Knock off Barons in OT - Rockford IceHogs
- Amerks Drop Overtime Decision to Marlies, 2-1 - Rochester Americans
- Monarchs Unlucky on Friday the 13th - Manchester Monarchs
- 13 Is Lucky Number for Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Aeros hold on for a 2-1 win - Houston Aeros
- Stars' Surge Too Much for Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Cruise Past Whale - Norfolk Admirals
- Sateri Does the Monster Mash on Friday the 13th with 1-0 Win - Worcester Sharks
- Admirals win over Whale - Connecticut Whale
- Phantoms Edge Bulldogs 5-4 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- P-Bruins Fall to Sharks - Providence Bruins
- Panthers Aquire Ondrej Roman from Dallas in Exchange for Angelo - San Antonio Rampage
- Streaking Stars Stay Hot, Beat Griffins 6-4 in a Wild One - Texas Stars
- Crunch Roll to a 5-2 Win in Binghamton - Syracuse Crunch
- Sound Tigers Shoot Past Monarchs 4-2 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Dallas Trades Ondrej Roman for Angelo Esposito - Texas Stars
- Great Skate Winterfest Returns January 21-22 with Snowboarding "Rail Jam" and Dog Sled Rides - Grand Rapids Griffins
- B-Sens Maintain Pricing on Season Ticket Packages for Third Consecutive Year - Binghamton Senators
- Outdoor Classic Fan Shuttles Launched - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale's Game Saturday to be Aired on Beethoven - Connecticut Whale
- Worcester Sharks to Host Online Jersey Auction to Benefit the 15-40 Connection - Worcester Sharks
- Gameday Preview - Texas at Grand Rapids - Texas Stars
- Blackhawks Assign Smith to Rockford - Rockford IceHogs
- Sound Tigers Sign Landry to PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Give Blood; Watch Hockey - Peoria Rivermen
- Jets Re-Assign Cormier to IceCaps - St. John's IceCaps
- Webster Bank Arena Hero Honored - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Falcons Host Pirates Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Button Assigned to Reading - Providence Bruins
- Crunch Announce Time Warner Cable Buy One Get One Games - Syracuse Crunch
- B-Sens Reassign Max Gratchev to Elmira - Binghamton Senators
- Aeros Game Day, January 13: Aeros at Peoria - Houston Aeros
- Griffins Ride Seven-Game Point Streak into Tonight's Tussle with Texas - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Losing Streak Continues with 4-0 Loss in Peoria - Lake Erie Monsters
- Rivermen End First Half with Bishop's Sixth Shutout - Peoria Rivermen
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.