Wranglers Cap 2011 with 5-2 Win Over IdahoDecember 31, 2011 - ECHL (ECHL) Las Vegas Wranglers
Las Vegas - The Las Vegas Wranglers celebrated the end of 2011 with a 5-2 win over the Idaho Steelheads in Boise tonight, sweeping the two-game series after a 4-3 win last night.
Wranglers forward Ryan Weston opened up scoring on the Steelheads late in the first period, and forward Eric Lampe's 25th goal of the season gave Las Vegas a 2-0 lead midway through the second. Within five minutes, though, Idaho responded with two goals of their own from forwards Aaron Lewadniuk and Derek LeBlanc, and the frame ended in a 2-2 tie.
Las Vegas bounced back in the third with three goals from Lampe, center Pete MacArthur and center Adam Miller, winning 5-2 over the Steelheads and ending the year with a 20-9-1-3 record.
The team takes on the Colorado Eagles next weekend with puck drops at 6:05 p.m., and returns home to Orleans Arena on Jan. 13 and 14 to face the Ontario Reign. Tonight's full box score can be found here .
2011-12 season seat packages, starting at $30, are on sale now at (702) 471-PUCK. Individual tickets to Wranglers games are available by phone at (702) 284-7777, and can be purchased in person at all Coast Casino properties, Town Square shopping center or online at www.orleansarena.com. The Wranglers play all 36 regular season home games at the Orleans Arena, located next to the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Ave.
ECHL Stories from December 31, 2011
- The Express Fall 3-2 to Greenville in Overtime on New Year's Eve - Chicago Express
- Las Vegas Spoils New Year's Party in Idaho - Idaho Steelheads
- Royals Finish Calendar Year 2011 with Win in Wheeling, 3-2 - Reading Royals
- Wranglers Cap 2011 with 5-2 Win Over Idaho - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Bakersfield Uses 3rd Period to Beat Exhausted Grizzlies - Utah Grizzlies
- Road Warriors Ring In New Year In Dramatic Fashion - Greenville Road Warriors
- Nailers' Penalty Kill Completes Perfect Week - Wheeling Nailers
- Bakersfield rings in the New Year with a 4-1 win in Utah - Bakersfield Condors
- K-Wings Dominate Walleye 7-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Fall to Everblades to Wrap up 2011 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Shootout-Savvy Jackals Take Over First Place in Conference - Elmira Jackals
- Nailers Game Preview: Reading Vs. Wheeling - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Announces Fine, Suspension - ECHL
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder Vs. Ontario Reign - Stockton Thunder
- Goalie Bryan Hince Signed by Road Warriors - Greenville Road Warriors
- ECHL Transactions - December 31 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Express Vs. Greenville Tonight - Chicago Express
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - December 31, 2011 - Greenville Road Warriors
- Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- Stingrays Trade Maiani to Chicago for Johnson - South Carolina Stingrays
- Express Acquire Anthony Maiani from South Carolina - Chicago Express
- McCollum to Grand Rapids - Toledo Walleye
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira at Trenton - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - December 31 - ECHL
- Stingrays Gameday: First Robotics Night Presented by Google Tonight Vs. Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- 6,096 turn out for Dallas Braden appearance, Thunder snap regulation losing skid - Stockton Thunder
- Aces, Courchaine Ground Eagles 4-0 - Alaska Aces
- Reign Triumph Over Thunder in Shootout, 4-3 - Ontario Reign
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.