AirHogs and Jim Austin Online to Hold Negro League TributeAugust 18, 2011 - American Association (AA) Grand Prairie AirHogs
The game is in honor of the many thousands of players who played during the Negro Leagues period. Jim Austin Online is joining with the AirHogs in supporting this great effort and to help raise funds for National Multicultural Western Heritage Museum. Both the AirHogs and Sox will wear period uniforms of Negro League teams, and there will be a postgame fireworks spectacular.
Brochures will be available at the game providing information on many of the Negro Leaguers. We hope to share with you and your family this legacy in the history of African-American baseball and encourage you to learn more about this important piece of America's National Pastime.
The AirHogs conclude their four-game series with the Fort Worth Cats on Thursday, August 18 at 7:05 p.m. at QuikTrip Park. It is Thirsty Thursday, featuring $2 16-ounce beers, and the AirHogs will be playing in special Miller Lite jerseys that will be raffled off during the game to be awarded right off their backs at the game's conclusion. It is also City of Grand Prairie Parks and Recreation Night. All games are available with live, free streaming video on ustream.tv. Individual game tickets are on sale and can be purchased by calling 972-504-9383 or by visiting www.airhogsbaseball.com.
American Association Stories from August 18, 2011
- American Association Game Recaps - AA
- Ka'aihue Homers Twice, Drives in Five as T-Bones Take Series - Kansas City T-Bones
- AirHogs Bats Break out to Salvage Series - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Saints Reliever Thielbar Picked up by the Twins - St. Paul Saints
- American Association Game Recap - AA
- Coles Delivers in Tenth to Give RedHawks 3-2 Victory, Sixth Win in a Row - Fargo-Moorhead RedHawks
- Saints and Ryan Companies to Restore Palace Recreation Center - St. Paul Saints
- Willie Wilson Legends Game Returns in 2011 - Kansas City T-Bones
- Kobayashi Plows Through Hamburgers at RailCats Game - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- AirHogs and Jim Austin Online to Hold Negro League Tribute - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Last Saints Home Stand Full of Celebrations - St. Paul Saints
- RailCats Welcome Denis Savard on Blackhawks Night - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Final Home Series Begins This Weekend - Amarillo Sox
- X'S DROP 5-2 DECISION TO FARGO - Sioux City Explorers
- American Association Results - AA
- Two-Out Deluge Sends AirHogs to Third Straight Loss - Grand Prairie AirHogs
- Comeback Effort Falls Just Short as Captains Top RailCats 11-9 - Gary SouthShore Railcats
- Rodriguez's Four RBIs Lead Captains to 11-9 Victory, Series Split in Gary - Shreveport-Bossier Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.