Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Kubalik to Springfield FalconsApril 7, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Springfield Falcons
Kubalik (pronounced koo-BAHL-ihk), 20, collected two assists for two points in three games with the Blue Jackets after being added to the roster on emergency recall March 31. He became just the third player in franchise history to record a multi-point game while making his NHL debut with the club when he had two assists at Washington on March 31. He has registered 22 goals and 28 assists for 50 points and 43 penalty minutes in 73 games for Springfield, ranking fourth among AHL rookies in points and sixth (tied) in goals. The Blue Jackets' sixth pick, 135th overall in the 2008 Entry Draft, he is playing his first professional season and leads the Falcons in goals, points and power play goals (6), while ranking second (tied) in assists.
The Plzen, Czech Republic native tallied 33-42-75, 95 penalty minutes and was +16 in 58 games with Victoriaville of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in 2009-10, his first season in North America. He led the club (tied) and ranked sixth (tied) in the QMJHL in game-winning goals (7). He also ranked third on the club in points (tied), fourth in goals and fifth in assists. Prior to his North American career, he spent four seasons playing for Plzen in the Czech Elite and Czech-2 leagues. He combined to record 36-32-68 and 222 penalty minutes in 136 games from 2005-09.
The Blue Jackets return to action Thursday when the club visits the Nashville Predators. Game time from Bridgestone Arena is 8 p.m. ET. Live coverage on FOX Sports Ohio begins with the Blue Jackets Live pre-game show starting at 7:30 p.m. The game will also broadcast live on the Wheeling Island Hotel & Casino Blue Jackets Radio Network - including flagship station 97.1 The Fan - and online at BlueJackets.com.
Single-game tickets for the Blue Jackets' final home game, Saturday against the Buffalo Sabres, start at $22 and are on sale at the Nationwide Arena Ticket Office, The FOX Sports Ohio Blue Line Team Store at The Mall at Tuttle Crossing, ticket outlets at the Chiller Ice Rinks and all Ticketmaster Ticket Centers. Fans can also purchase tickets by phone at (800) 745-3000 or online at BlueJackets.com and Ticketmaster.com. For information on season tickets, a variety of partial-season plans and group tickets, call (800) NHL-COLS or visit BlueJackets.com.
American Hockey League Stories from April 7, 2011
- Newcomers Help Crunch Defeat Norfolk, 5-3 - Syracuse Crunch
- Crunch Power Past Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Whale Sign Forwards Andrew Yogan and Shayne Wiebe to ATOs - Connecticut Whale
- Bruins Sign Forward Carter Camper - Providence Bruins
- Monarchs Sign Toffoli to Tryout - Manchester Monarchs
- Wild Recalls McMillan, Ortmeyer from Aeros - Houston Aeros
- Nemisz and Bouma Return to Abbotsford - Abbotsford Heat
- Phantoms Make Roster Moves - Adirondack Phantoms
- Portland's Luke Adam Named American Hockey League's Outstanding Rookie - AHL
- Marlies Announce Roster Moves - Toronto Marlies
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Goaltender David Leneveu to Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Canucks Re-Assign Yann Sauve & Chris Tanev to Moose - Manitoba Moose
- B-Sens Host "Jersey off Our Back" Promotion this Saturday - Binghamton Senators
- Whale Mourn the Passing of EJ McGuire - Connecticut Whale
- Bulldogs Playoff Tickets Go on Sale Monday - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Kubalik to Springfield Falcons - Springfield Falcons
- Rampage Fan Appreciation Night This Sunday - San Antonio Rampage
- Senators Recall Five Players from Binghamton - Binghamton Senators
- Amerks Sign Hedden, Luciani to Tryouts for Final Weekend - Rochester Americans
- Free Checkers Jersey - Charlotte Checkers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.