Komets Stone Gems 1-0March 23, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Fort Wayne Komets
Fort Wayne's Nick Boucher registered his first shutout of the season and 17th of his career stopping all 27 shots faced. The game was scoreless until Fort Wayne's Danny Lapointe scored his sixth goal of the season at 14:51 of the third period, the only marker needed to hand Dayton goalie Derek MacIntyre his 10th loss of the year after making 35 saves on 36 Fort Wayne shots.
It was the 14th and final meeting of the season between the two Turner Conference rivals with the Komets winning the series 8-5-1.
The Komets take sole possesion of seventh place in the Turner Conference, improving to 30-27-7 for 67 points and a two-point lead over eighth-place Dayton (30-29-5, 65 points) in the race for playoff position. Fort Wayne trails sixth-place Quad City by two points after a Mallard 5-2 home win over Bloomington Wednesday. Quad City pushed their record to 34-29-1 for 69 points with two games remaining in the regular season.
The Komets will skate their two remaining games of the season at home this Friday and Saturday against the Turner Conference leading Colorado Eagles. Friday's faceoff is at 8pm ET and Saturday's affair gets underway at 7:30pm ET with the annual Fort Wayne End-of-Season player awards presented immediately following the game.
All Komet action can be heard on Fort Wayne radio WOWO AM 1190 and online at www.komets.com Xfinity KometCast .
Tickets for Komet home games this weekend are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at www.ticketmaster.com.
PLAYOFF TICKETS GO ON SALE THURSDAY -- Playoff tickets for the Komets' home playoff game number one go on sale this Thursday, March 24, at 10am at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at TicketMaster.com . The Komets have clinched a spot in the playoffs, however the Komets opponent is yet to be determined. For more information visit the Komet office, call 260-483-0011 or visit the Komets' website at www.komets.com.
Central Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2011
- Mallards Roll Past Bloomington 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Komets Stone Gems 1-0 - Fort Wayne Komets
- PrairieThunder Drops 5-2 Decision at Quad City on Wednesday - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Gems Shutout by Komets, 1-0 - Dayton Gems
- Join Us Friday for Fan Appreciation Night - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Medicine Hat Tigers Dubyk Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- RGV's Aaron Lewicki Named Rookie of the Year - CHL
- Lewicki Honored as CHL Rookie of the Year - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- 67's' Tyler Toffoli Named CHL Player of the Week - CHL
- Tigers' Deven Dubyk Named Vaughn CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- RiverKings Claim Mironovic off Waivers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Graham Recalled by Lake Erie - Allen Americans
- Playoff Possibility Update - Tulsa Oilers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.