Missouri Mavericks Sign Andrew Courtney; Watson Placed on IRMarch 10, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Missouri Mavericks
"Andrew is a power forward that showed a real knack for scoring goals in Canadian University hockey," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "As we inch our way closer to the playoffs, we have to continue to look to strengthen our team. Time will tell if Andrew can help us do that."
Courtney, 25 (6/8/85), scored 18 points on 13 goals and 5 assists in just 15 games this season for the Pronghorns. Over his career with the University of Lethbridge, the 6-3 forward scored 49 points on 30 goals and 19 assists in 83 games. In junior hockey, the Belleville, Ontario native played two seasons with the Trenton Sting of the Ontario Provincial Junior Hockey League (OPJHL), scoring 78 points on 33 goals and 45 assists over 88 games. Courtney also spent the 2005-06 season with the Niagara Falls Canucks of the Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League before attending the University of Lethbridge. He will join the team in Texas this weekend for their games against the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees and Laredo Bucks.
The Mavericks are currently on a three-game road trip and play in south Texas for a pair of games this weekend. The team will return from south Texas for their Playoff Launch Party on Monday, March 14 before heading to Bloomington for a game on Wednesday, March 16 against the PrairieThunder. Missouri will return home for a four-game home stand where they will face the Wichita Thunder on March 18 and 19, the Mississippi RiverKings on March 20 and wrap up the home schedule against the Thunder on March 22.
Central Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2011
- Landmesser, RiverKings Shoot Down Gems - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mississippi Wins in Shootout, Defeats Dayton 3-2 - Dayton Gems
- Missouri Mavericks Sign Andrew Courtney; Watson Placed on IR - Missouri Mavericks
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Mavericks to Host Playoff Launch Party March 14 - Missouri Mavericks
- Mudbugs, Whataburger Reward Local Students - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jackalopes Announce Second-Annual "Shriners Weekend" - Odessa Jackalopes
- Country Music Recording Artist Austin Hicks to Perform at Gems Game on March 25 - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings Vs. Gems - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks in Need of Wins, Host Mavs - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.