Jackalopes Announce Second-Annual "Shriners Weekend"
ODESSA, TX - For the second straight year the Odessa Jackalopes and the El Maida Odessa Shrine Club are teaming up for "Shriners Weekend" to raise money for Shriners Hospitals for Children.
During the weekend of March 18th and 19th, Jackalopes players will wear specialty jerseys during their games against the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees (Friday) and Tulsa Oilers (Saturday). Those specialty jerseys will be auctioned off after Saturday's contest with proceeds benefiting the Shiners Hospitals for Children.
"Last year's event was fantastic," said Odessa Shrine Club representative Rick Coe. "The crowd was one of the biggest of the year. The support was fantastic. The Jackalopes have always done some very unique events as fundraisers for local charities, and we're excited to be involved again this year."
There are 22 hospitals in the Shriners Children's Hospitals network. In conjunction with the weekend, the Odessa Shriners will also be holding a Chili and Brisket Cook-Off in the Ector County Coliseum. The entrance fee is $20.
"The jerseys look great. We're glad to be doing this again this year, and we're excited for the Odessa/Midland community to rally behind this event just like they did last season," added Jackalopes General Manager Joe Clark.
If you'd like to be involved with this year's "Shriners Weekend", please contact the Odessa Jackalopes at (432) 552-7825. Other events associated with the weekend will be announced at a later date. Visit jackalopes.org for the most updated information regarding Shriners Weekend.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 10, 2011
- Landmesser, RiverKings Shoot Down Gems - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mississippi Wins in Shootout, Defeats Dayton 3-2 - Dayton Gems
- Missouri Mavericks Sign Andrew Courtney; Watson Placed on IR - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Mavericks to Host Playoff Launch Party March 14 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Mudbugs, Whataburger Reward Local Students - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Jackalopes Announce Second-Annual "Shriners Weekend" - Odessa Jackalopes
- Country Music Recording Artist Austin Hicks to Perform at Gems Game on March 25 - Dayton Gems
- Game Day - RiverKings Vs. Gems - Mississippi RiverKings
- Bucks in Need of Wins, Host Mavs - Laredo Bucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.