FC Dallas Acquires Midfielder Andrew JacobsonFebruary 18, 2011 - Major League Soccer (MLS) - FC Dallas Press Release
"I'm very happy to have Andrew join FC Dallas," said head coach Schellas Hyndman. "He's a very good player, a center midfielder who will also go back in defense. He brings size to the team, but he's also got very good soccer feet and might seem like a 5'10" player rather than his actual 6'2". He comes from a great program under Kevin Grimes at Cal, and I see him contributing to this team immediately."
Acquired by Philadelphia in the 2009 Expansion Draft, Jacobson started 13 of 25 games and played a total of 1,294 minutes for the Union in 2010. Prior to joining Philadelphia, Jacobson made 17 appearances, totaling 845 minutes in the midfield for D.C. United during the 2009 MLS season. Jacobson scored one goal during the 2009 season. The goal came in a 2-1 win over the Harrisburg City Islanders in the U.S. Open Cup quarterfinals.
"Andrew will be a good addition to FC Dallas," Technical Director Barry Gorman said. "It was an opportunity for us to pick up an experienced player in a covering position."
Jacobson played with FC Lorient of France's Ligue 1 in 2008 and was named to the U.S. National Futsal Team roster, playing in four matches at the Futsal World Cup in Brazil. He was a NSCAA First Team All-American, a member of the All-Far West First Team and PAC-10 Player of the Year as a senior at Cal. He had 11 goals and 13 assists in 83 appearances for the Bears.
Major League Soccer Stories from February 18, 2011
- Kaval's Kickoff Debuts on sjearthquakes.com - San Jose Earthquakes
- Chivas USA Beats Vancouver Whitecaps in Preseason Scrimmage at Casa Grande, AZ - Club Deportivo Chivas USA
- Whitecaps FC Fall to Chivas USA 1-0 in Arizona - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Timbers, OYSA Announce New Youth Development and Academy Programs - Portland Timbers
- Red Bulls to Host Soccer Stop South Ward Football Challenge on February 20 - New York Red Bulls
- D.C. United Re-Acquires Brazilian Midfielder Fred - D.C. United
- Timbers Announce Additional National Broadcasts, Changes to Schedule - Portland Timbers
- Whitecaps FC Individual Match Tickets for First Three Matches at Empire Field on Sale Wednesday - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- Philadelphia Union Trade Andrew Jacobson to FC Dallas - Philadelphia Union
- FC Dallas Acquires Midfielder Andrew Jacobson - FC Dallas
- Sporting Kansas City Signs Defender Kevin Ellis as Second Home Grown Player in Team History - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire Sign Uruguayan Forward Diego ChÃ¡ves - Chicago Fire
- D.C. United Tabbed for Four Fox Soccer Channel Broadcasts - D.C. United
- Rapids Featured Seven Times on Fox Soccer Channel in 2011 - Colorado Rapids
- Earthquakes Add Three National Telecasts on Fox Soccer Channel - San Jose Earthquakes
- Fox Soccer to Televise Five Sounders FC Matches - Seattle Sounders FC
- MLS and Fox Soccer Extend National Broadcast Rights Agreement - MLS
- Philadelphia Union Announce Scheduling Changes for 2011 Season - Philadelphia Union
- Three Sporting Kansas City Home Matches to Air on Fox Soccer in 2011 - Sporting Kansas City
- FC Dallas Signs 16-Year-Old Goalkeeper Richard Sanchez - FC Dallas
- Sporting Kansas City Weekly Update - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.