Aeros Rally in Final Minute, Beat Rampage 4-3January 1, 2011 - American Hockey League (AHL) Houston Aeros
Cody Almond had a goal, an assist and a fight for the Aeros while Peters scored the winner in his first back in the lineup after missing three straight.
The Aeros, who trailed 3-2 entering the third period, rallied to tie things at 3-3 on Rau's second goal of the season. Rau's shot from below the right hash marks with just 55 seconds left slid past Rampage goalie Al Montoya after the Aeros pulled netminder Matt Hackett in favor of an extra attacker.
Peters gave the Aeros their first lead of the night just 20 seconds later with his seventh tally of the season. Jed Ortmeyer, who was signed by Houston earlier in the day, chipped in with the assist.
Tyler Cuma knotted the game at 2-2 at the 4:04 mark of the second. Cuma's shot from the left boards broke through Montoya for his first pro tally.
Garrett Stafford scored twice and added an assist for the Rampage. Bracken Kearns also scored for the Rampage, who fell to the Aeros for the third straight time.
The Aeros return home on Friday, Jan. 7 at 7:35 p.m. when they host the Lake Erie Monster at Toyota Center. The game will feature an appearance by Ogie the World's Fastest Golfer. Call 713-974-7825 (PUCK) for more information on Aeros tickets and other promotions.
American Hockey League Stories from January 1, 2011
- Monsters Bounce Back with Shutout Win - Lake Erie Monsters
- Aeros Rally in Final Minute, Beat Rampage 4-3 - Houston Aeros
- Last Minute Rally Puts Aeros over Rampage 4-3 - San Antonio Rampage
- Islanders Acquire Defenseman Ty Wishart - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Manitoba Drops New Year's Day Clash with Chicago 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Former Amerk Spoils New Year's Celebration in Rochester - Rochester Americans
- Lightning Acquire G Dwayne Roloson From Islanders - Norfolk Admirals
- New Year, Same Result Against Rivermen - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Falcons Start 2011 With Impressive Win - Springfield Falcons
- Wolves Ring In New Year With 3-2 Win In Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- Paetsch Paces Crunch to 4-1 Win Over Rochester - Syracuse Crunch
- Monarchs Drop New Year's Ball - Manchester Monarchs
- Bulldogs Shut out by Monsters 3-0 - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Whale win over Bruins - Connecticut Whale
- Allen Opens 2011 With Fifth Shutout - Peoria Rivermen
- Greg Moore Game-Winner Extends Streak - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Comeback Falls Short in 4-3 Loss to Penguins - Milwaukee Admirals
- Brust the Difference as Senators Blank Checkers, 3-0 - Charlotte Checkers
- Late Goal Downs Devils in Adirondack - Albany Devils
- Aeros Sign Jed Ortmeyer - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Fall to Whale 6-2 - Providence Bruins
- Game Night: Amerks, Crunch Ring in the New Year Tonight at Blue Cross Arena - Rochester Americans
- Anaheim Reassigns Defenseman John de Gray from Elmira to Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Canadiens Assign Brett Festerling to Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Falcons Host the Monarchs Tonight - Springfield Falcons
- Omark Assigned to Oklahoma City; Belle Recalled by Edmonton - Oklahoma City Barons
- Barons Notes for December 28 - Oklahoma City Barons
- Preview: Aeros, Rampage Kick off 2011 - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.