Mavericks Trade Defenseman Chris MifflenOctober 12, 2010 - Central Hockey League (CHL) Missouri Mavericks
Mifflen, 22 (1/24/88), played two games for the Mavericks during the 2010 playoffs as an amateur. The 6-foot-3, 195-pound defenseman played one season with Carleton University where he led all defensemen on his team with 16 points (7-916) in 28 games. Prior to coming to Missouri, the Orleans, Ontario native played three seasons in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) with three different teams and totaled 42 points (11-3142) and 198 penalty minutes in 152 games played.
"Chris is a very good young defenseman," said Hillman. "We were faced with a difficult decision as we looked to get down to six defensemen for the season. This trade gives Chris the chance to play in this league and also gives us the opportunity to continue to strengthen our team as we move forward with a player to be named later from Allen. We wish Chris the very best."
Missouri will begin the regular season this Friday, October 15 against the Odessa Jackalopes at 7:05 p.m. at Independence Events Center. Tickets for all 33 regular season home games are on sale now starting at just $14 per game. Mini-plans, season tickets and group tickets are also available by calling (816) 252-7825 or visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
Central Hockey League Stories from October 12, 2010
- The PrairieThunder this Week - Issue #2 (10-12-10) - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mavericks Trade Defenseman Chris Mifflen - Missouri Mavericks
- CHL, Neulion Partner to Bring Fans CHL-TV - Quad City Mallards
- Killer Bees Add Wilson, Release Olidis - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- RiverKings Get Forward Matt Miller, Waive Six Players - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL, Neulion Partner to Bring Fans CHL-TV - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Meet and Greet the RiverKings Sunday at North Creek - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL-TV Debuts New Season with Digital Partner Neulion - Mississippi RiverKings
- RiverKings Spotlight MYHL on Opening Night - Mississippi RiverKings
- CHL, Neulion Partner to Bring Fans CHL-TV - Laredo Bucks
- CHL, Neulion Partner to Bring Fans CHL-TV - CHL
- Bucks' Watch Party Friday at Hal's - Laredo Bucks
- Four goal first period spurs Icemen win in Indiana - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.