Spikes' Curry Named NYPL Player of the WeekJuly 21, 2010 - New York-Penn League (NYPL) State College Spikes
Curry, the 16th-round draft pick of the Pittsburgh Pirates in the 2010 MLB Draft, becomes the second Spike this season to win one of the NYPL's weekly awards, coming just seven days after right-hander Kevin Decker was named the league's Pitcher of the Week. The native of hit .574 (16-for-28) with a home run and seven runs batted in during the week to earn the honor.
The Spikes have now had three Player of the Week mentions in under a year after going the first three-plus years in team history without one. Aaron Baker was named the NYPL Player of the Week for August 24-30, 2009. Aberdeen's Bruno Sanchez earned Pitcher of the Week honors for the most recent week.
The Spikes' fifth season of providing Central PA's Best Family Value continues in the month of July. Single-game tickets, mini-plans, flex books and a variety of different group packages and experiences, are available now. Reserve yours today by calling toll-free at (877) 99-SPIKES. Additional team and ticket information can also be viewed by visiting StateCollegeSpikes.com.
New York-Penn League Stories from July 21, 2010
- Scrappers Win in Extras, Sweep Spikes - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Bats Support Hodges, Staff as Jammers Reclaim First Place - Jamestown Jammers
- Spikes Come Back in Ninth, But Fall to Scrappers in Eleven, 6-4 - State College Spikes
- IronBirds Winning Streak Ends at Five Games - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Tigers Rained out Wednesday - Connecticut Tigers
- Lake Monsters at Connecticut Postponed - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spikes' Curry Named NYPL Player of the Week - State College Spikes
- Mahoning Valley Scrappers Homestand Notes - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - July 21 Vs. Mahoning Valley - State College Spikes
- Cyclones Announce Unique Social Networking Contest - Brooklyn Cyclones
- IronBirds Add Three Rehabbers from Norfolk - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Muckdogs Return Home This Sunday - Batavia Muckdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.