IronBirds Add Three Rehabbers from Norfolk
Aberdeen, MD - The Baltimore Orioles have announced that pitchers Brandon Erbe and Kam Mickolio will be joining Brandon Snyder in Aberdeen for rehab assignments.
Snyder, the Orioles first round pick in 2005, began a three-game rehab assignment with the IronBirds last night by going 2-for-5 with a home run and two runs batted in. He began the year in Triple-A with the Norfolk Tides, but has not played since June 17 because of a back injury.
Erbe, a third round pick in 2005, will begin his rehab assignment with the IronBirds on July 24. He also began the year with Norfolk Tides, but was placed on the disabled list with right shoulder soreness and has not pitched since June 20. Baseball America rated Erbe the seventh best prospect in the Orioles system prior to the season.
Mickolio, who was acquired by the Orioles in 2008 as part of the Erik Bedard trade, will also begin his rehab assignment with the IronBirds on July 24. He has seen action in the major leagues in each of the last three seasons including three appearances this year. Mickolio has not pitched since he threw a scoreless inning on June 11 for the Norfolk Tides. He was rated the eighth best prospect in the Orioles system by Baseball America.
The Aberdeen IronBirds have sold out their season tickets for the ninth straight season. Group packages and standing room only tickets, however, are still available for the 2010 season. For ticket information, contact our box office at (410) 297-9292 or visit us online at www.IronBirdsbaseball.com.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from July 21, 2010
- Scrappers Win in Extras, Sweep Spikes - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Bats Support Hodges, Staff as Jammers Reclaim First Place - Jamestown Jammers
- Spikes Come Back in Ninth, But Fall to Scrappers in Eleven, 6-4 - State College Spikes
- IronBirds Winning Streak Ends at Five Games - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Tigers Rained out Wednesday - Connecticut Tigers
- Lake Monsters at Connecticut Postponed - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Spikes' Curry Named NYPL Player of the Week - State College Spikes
- Mahoning Valley Scrappers Homestand Notes - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- State College Spikes Game Notes - July 21 Vs. Mahoning Valley - State College Spikes
- Cyclones Announce Unique Social Networking Contest - Brooklyn Cyclones
- IronBirds Add Three Rehabbers from Norfolk - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Muckdogs Return Home This Sunday - Batavia Muckdogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Aberdeen IronBirds Stories
- Aberdeen IronBirds Unveil Jam-Packed Promotional Schedule for 2017
- Aberdeen IronBirds to Honor Memory of John Carroll Student-Athlete
- RAACE and Aberdeen IronBirds to Provide Safe, Fun Family Experience
- Steamed Crabs Baseball Coming to Aberdeen this Summer
- Aberdeen IronBirds Announce Addition of New HD Video Board and Live Score Line Display