Ryan Kussmaul Signs with White Sox OrganizationJuly 10, 2010 - Frontier League (FL) - Southern Illinois Miners
The hard throwing righty is in his second season with Southern Illinois. He signed with the Miners following his college career last summer. He will remain with the club for the remainder of the current road trip and is expected to join the Sox single-A affiliate, the Kannapolis (N.C.) Intimidators of the South Atlantic League.
In his last four starts, the 23-year-old Wisconsin native has allowed a total of five runs in 27 innings. Included in that stretch was a nine inning performance in which he allowed just one infield single and struck out a career high 12 batters but took a no-decision as the game went to extra innings.
All-Star Manager Mike Pinto has not yet announced who will replace Kussmaul on the West Division All-Star roster.
Sunday the Miners will finish the first half of the season against the Oakland County Cruisers before returning home for the the 2010 Frontier League All-Star game, presented by Peoples National Bank, which is scheduled for Wednesday, July 14 at 7:05 p.m. at Rent One Park. For the latest news on the Miners and the 2010 All-Star Week presented by Peoples National Bank at Rent One Park, visit www.southernillinoisminers.com.
Frontier League Stories from July 10, 2010
- Ryan Kussmaul Signs with White Sox Organization - Southern Illinois Miners
- CornBelters Beat on a Home Run In the Tenth Inning - Normal CornBelters
- Bolts Downed by Grizzlies, 6-1 - Windy City ThunderBolts
- Grizzlies Win Fifth in a Row - Gateway Grizzlies
- Lake Erie Wins Two Games at Bosse Field - Evansville Otters
- Crushers Sweep Doubleheader from Evansville - Lake Erie Crushers
- Wild Things Beat Florence, 9-7 - Washington Wild Things
- Estee Harris Added to the All Star Team - Evansville Otters
- Otters and Crushers resume play today at 5:05 - Evansville Otters
- Belters walk off win 6-3 - Normal CornBelters
- Crushers Otters tied in a power outage - Evansville Otters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.