Senators Top Sea Dogs, 8-4June 29, 2010 - Eastern League (EL) Portland Sea Dogs
Jesus Valdez paced the Senators offense with a 2-for-4 performance and four RBI. Valdez ripped a two run double in the first giving Harrisburg the 3-1 lead. He would add a two run homer in the seventh.
After Portland got out to a quick 1-0 lead in the first on a Nate Spears home run in the first, Harrisburg responded with a three spot in the third. Chris Marrero's RBI single in the third got the scoring started for Harrisburg, followed by Valdez's two run double.
Harrisburg struck again in the fifth when Michael Martinez blasted a three run homer off Fife to give the Senators a 6-1 lead.
Fife (4-2) lasted five innings allowing a season high six runs on six hits, walking three and striking out one.
Ray Chang hit his team leading 20th double to score Matt Sheely in the sixth to make the score 6-2.
Valdez belted his fifth home run of the year off Portland reliever Eammon Portice, a two run shot in the seventh extending the Senators lead to 8-2. Portice would toss three innings of relief surrendering two runs on three hits. He struck out the final five batters he faced.
Anthony Rizzo smacked a two run shot, his fifth, in the seventh to cut the Senators lead in half.
Harrisburg starter Tom Milone (6-3) picked-up the win tossing six innings allowing four runs on six hits, he struck out four and did not walk a batter.
The Sea Dogs and Senators will play the final game of the series Wednesday night at 7:00 PM at Hadlock Field. Kyle Weiland (3-4, 3.70) takes the mound for the Sea Dogs. He'll be opposed by John Lannan (1-0, 1.29).
Notes: Earlier in the day Ray Chang, Stephen Fife, and Nate Spears were selected to the 2010 Eastern League All-Star Game which will be held on Wednesday, July 14th in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania.
Eastern League Stories from June 29, 2010
- Pie Too Hot For SeaWolves - Bowie Baysox
- Popham Solid in Debut as Aeros Win 4-3 - Akron Aeros
- Baysox Take Third Straight over Erie by a Run - Erie SeaWolves
- Back-To-Back Home Runs Highlight Fisher Cats' 5-4 Loss - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Reyes Slams B-Mets to Sixth Straight Win, 9-5 - Binghamton Mets
- Thunder Split Doubleheader on Tuesday - Trenton Thunder
- Two Streaks End as Aeros Outlast Squirrels, 4-3 - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Binghamton Uses Big Inning to Roll over Curve, 9-5 - Altoona Curve
- Senators Top Sea Dogs, 8-4 - Portland Sea Dogs
- Sens Double Up Sea Dogs - Harrisburg Senators
- Rock Cats Rally to Take Nightcap - New Britain Rock Cats
- Three Rock Cats Selected For Eastern League's 2010 All-Star Game - New Britain Rock Cats
- Erie SeaWolves at Bowie Baysox...Game Two of Three...Game Notes - Erie SeaWolves
- Announcing Amnesty Night - New Britain Rock Cats
- Four Baysox Named to All-Star Team - Bowie Baysox
- Three SeaWolves Selected to 2010 EL All-Star Game - Erie SeaWolves
- Squirrels Send Four to Eastern League All-Star Game - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Aeros Notes - Akron Aeros
- Three Aeros Selected to EL All-Star Game - Akron Aeros
- Five Curve Players Headed to Harrisburg for E.L. All-Star Game - Altoona Curve
- Franchise-Record Six Fisher Cats Named EL All-Stars - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Baysox Announce Player Moves - Bowie Baysox
- Three Sea Dogs Bound for 2010 Eastern League All-Star Game - Portland Sea Dogs
- Four Thunder Players Selected to EL All-Star Game - Trenton Thunder
- 2010 Eastern League All-Star Rosters Announced - EL
- Richmond Flying Squirrels Game Notes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Pitchers Move, Mills Activated - Akron Aeros
- Pitchers Province And Allen On The Move - New Britain Rock Cats
- Squirrels to Honor Arthur Ashe, Virginia Heroes - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Baysox Sweep Twi-night Doubleheader - Bowie Baysox
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.