Cheatham Sent To KannapolisJune 1, 2010 - Carolina League (CarL) Winston-Salem Dash
Cheatham started the season with Kannapolis but had been on the Dash's roster since April 28 following an injury to Kenny Williams, Jr. He hit his first home run of the season for Winston-Salem in Monday's 4-3 loss at Potomac. In 23 games with the Dash, Cheatham hit .266 with one homer, six doubles, two triples, and 11 RBI.
Winston-Salem's roster now has 24 players, one below the Carolina League limit.
The Dash looks to even its series with the Potomac Nationals tonight. First pitch is scheduled for 7:03 p.m. at Pfitzner Stadium.
The Dash returns to BB&T Ballpark on Thursday, June 3 when it begins a four-game series with the Kinston Indians.
The Winston-Salem Dash is the Class-A Advanced minor league affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. To purchase tickets and for more information, please call 336-714-2287 or visit www.wsdash.com.
Carolina League Stories from June 1, 2010
- Francis Homers in Narrow Win - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Kinston Falls to Wilmington, 3-2 - Kinston Indians
- Keys Bats Quiet Again - Frederick Keys
- Offense Explodes Late to Blow Out Nats - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hillcats Shut Out Red Sox, 4-0 - Salem Red Sox
- Birds Win Fourth Straight Behind Crim - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Rough Night for 'Pen Evens Series - Potomac Nationals
- Cats Pounce on Sox for Fourth Straight - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Boomer Whiting Promoted to AAA - Potomac Nationals
- Hoover Named Carolina Pitcher of The Week - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Hillcats Game Notes - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Cheatham Sent To Kannapolis - Winston-Salem Dash
- K-Tribe Game Notes - Kinston Indians
- Salem Red Sox Make Roster Transactions - Salem Red Sox
- Winston-Salem Dash Game Notes - Winston-Salem Dash
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.