Lugnuts Edge Whitecaps, 2-1April 28, 2010 - Midwest League (MWL) Lansing Lugnuts
It was the Lugnuts' sixth straight victory and tenth in their last eleven games.
West Michigan starter Ramon Lebron (2-1) walked five Lansing batters in 2 2/3 innings, stranding runners at second and third in the first two frames before departing with two men on and two outs in the third. Ochinko greeted reliever Cory Hamilton with a laser into left-center, plating both Brad Glenn and Brad McElroy for a 2-0 lead.
As it turned out, those runs were all the Lugnuts would score in the game -- and they were all that Lansing would need.
Tepera (2-0) pitched 5 1/3 innings, allowing an unearned run on four hits and two walks to earn the victory.
Dustin Antolin, Brian Slover, and Steve Turnbull took it the rest of the way, with Hernan Perez's seventh inning single off of Antolin providing the sole baserunner against the Lugnuts' bullpen. Turnbull wrapped up a perfect ninth for his fifth save in as many opportunities.
The Lugnuts send right-hander Ryan Shopshire to the mound on Thursday night in search of the road sweep, opposed by West Michigan right-hander Trevor Feeney.
Lansing returns home to Cooley Law School Stadium on Friday, opening up a seven-game homestand against Fort Wayne and South Bend. Tickets are available for purchase online at www.lansinglugnuts.com, at the stadium box office, and by calling 517-485-4500.
Midwest League Stories from April 28, 2010
- Lugnuts Edge Whitecaps, 2-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Trout and Jimenez Shine on Dark Night for Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Nommensen Delivers Three Hits Wednesday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Come from Behind to Win 4-2 Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Big Bats Back Stanton in Cedar Rapids - Clinton LumberKings
- Rattlers Can't Stop Peoria's Streak - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Whitecaps Drop Fifth in a Row - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Fall 4-1 to Lake County - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Team Up With Beech Bend Park - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bandits Drop Second Straight In Kane County - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Rally for Wild Walk-Off Win - Kane County Cougars
- Eddie Milner To Join Dragons TV Crew On Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers Swat Bees in Rubber Game - Beloit Snappers
- South Bend turns tables, 2-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bullpen Dominates In Silver Hawks 2-1 Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Gameday For Wednesday, April 28 - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Celebrating Arbor Day With Tree Planting At Chippewa Nature Center - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains Return Home On April 30 For Seven-Game Home Stand - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.