Trout and Jimenez Shine on Dark Night for KernelsApril 28, 2010 - Midwest League (MWL) Cedar Rapids Kernels
The game got off on the wrong foot as a leadoff triple by Daniel Carroll, followed by two walks, loaded the bases for Kalian Sams, who smacked the third pitch he saw from Kernel starter Tyler Kehrer (0-2) over the left center wall for a grand slam. Kehrer allowed eight runs (five earned) on seven hits, walked five and struck out four over 4.1 IP.
The Kernels cut the lead to 4-1 in the bottom of the first as Trout doubled, stole third and scored on a throwing error. Clinton used two three-run innings to grow the lead to 12-1 as the Kernels scored a consolation run in the bottom of the 8th on an RBI by Matt Long. Clinton starter Taylor Stanton (2-1) allowed an unearned run on five hits and struck out four for the win. Mario Martinez was 2-5 with 3 RBI and Daniel Carroll went 3-5 with an RBI.
The Kernels will look to avoid the sweep on Thursday night when they wrap up their three-game series with the LumberKings. It's a 100.7 The Fox Thirsty Thursday where 12 oz. draft beer is just $1.50 and bottled soda and water is just two dollars. Gates open at 5:30 pm and first pitch is set for 6:35 pm.
Tickets may be ordered on-line at www.kernels.com, or by calling the Kernels Ticket Office at 896-7560 after 10 am on Thursday morning. The current home stand continues through Monday, May 3rd.
Midwest League Stories from April 28, 2010
- Lugnuts Edge Whitecaps, 2-1 - Lansing Lugnuts
- Trout and Jimenez Shine on Dark Night for Kernels - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Nommensen Delivers Three Hits Wednesday Night - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Chiefs Come from Behind to Win 4-2 Wednesday - Peoria Chiefs
- Big Bats Back Stanton in Cedar Rapids - Clinton LumberKings
- Rattlers Can't Stop Peoria's Streak - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Whitecaps Drop Fifth in a Row - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Dragons Fall 4-1 to Lake County - Dayton Dragons
- Hot Rods Team Up With Beech Bend Park - Bowling Green Hot Rods
- Bandits Drop Second Straight In Kane County - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Cougars Rally for Wild Walk-Off Win - Kane County Cougars
- Eddie Milner To Join Dragons TV Crew On Friday - Dayton Dragons
- Snappers Swat Bees in Rubber Game - Beloit Snappers
- South Bend turns tables, 2-1 - Fort Wayne TinCaps
- Bullpen Dominates In Silver Hawks 2-1 Win - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Dragons Gameday For Wednesday, April 28 - Dayton Dragons
- Loons Celebrating Arbor Day With Tree Planting At Chippewa Nature Center - Great Lakes Loons
- Captains Return Home On April 30 For Seven-Game Home Stand - Lake County Captains
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.