Bleich Promoted to TrentonJune 30, 2009 - Eastern League (EL) - Trenton Thunder Press Release
He was 6-4 with a 3.40 ERA in 14 starts for Tampa. He won his final three starts for the Yankees and only allowed a total of two earned runs over those three starts (18 1/3 total innings). He entered the 2009 season as the 11th best prospect in the Yankees Minor League System according to Baseball America.
He made one start for Staten Island (SS) during 2008, and allowed two earned runs in three innings. He also pitched for Staten Island in the New York-Penn League playoffs and pitched four scoreless innings of relief in his lone appearance. He pitched for the Wakiki BeachBoys in the Hawaiian Winter League following the season and was 3-2 with a 1.77 ERA in seven starts. He was selected by the Yankees as a supplemental 1st round pick in the 2008 draft out of Stanford University. He went 3-3 in his junior year at Stanford University. He started the opening game of the 2008 College World Series vs. Florida State and struck out seven in five innings.
Trenton opens a four-game series tonight against the Erie Sea Wolves (Double-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers). RHP Pat Stanley (1-2, 4.91) will start for Erie. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. The Thunder will return home on July 4 for a three-game series against New Britain followed by another three-game set at Waterfront Park against New Hampshire. For tickets, call 609-394-3000 or you can order online at www.trentonthunder.com
Eastern League Stories from June 30, 2009
- McLeary Wins First, Fisher Cats Edge Mets 3-2 Tuesday Night - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Niesen's Walks Hurt B-Mets in 3-2 Loss - Binghamton Mets
- Curve Fall in 12 - Altoona Curve
- Erie Slips Past Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Aeros Host Singles Party In Bowie - Bowie Baysox
- Lowrance Powers Sens to 4-3 Win - Harrisburg Senators
- Portland's Winning Streak Snapped at Three - Portland Sea Dogs
- Defenders Falls 4-3 - Connecticut Defenders
- Aeros Take Rain-Shortened Contest, 5-1 - Akron RubberDucks
- Aeros Media Notes - Akron RubberDucks
- Bleich Promoted to Trenton - Trenton Thunder
- Akron Aeros roster move - Akron RubberDucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.