Thunder Awful Night to Honor Winless LionsDecember 29, 2008 - Central Hockey League (CHL) - Wichita Thunder Press Release
During the game, fans can register to win a toilet bowl and a pair of tickets to the 2009 toilet bowl game of the year between the Lions and the St. Louis Rams. A "Millen" dollars will be given away that night in honor of former Lions' GM Matt Millen.
Awful Night has gained widespread popularity in minor league sports across the country. Wichita's 2009 Awful Night will also feature the "worst ever" indoor fireworks show, awful music, awful intermission contests, awful giveaways, amongst other promotions.
Wichita continues their five-game homestand Wednesday night when they host the Tulsa Oilers at 5:05 p.m. at the Kansas Coliseum.
Central Hockey League Stories from December 29, 2008
- Oilers To Retire #9 - Tulsa Oilers
- Robertson Named Oakley Player of the Week - New Mexico Scorpions
- Rocky Mountain Rage Weekly Update - Rocky Mountain Rage
- Sundogs Partner with Town of Prescott Valley for Second-Straight New Year's Celebration - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings This Week - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- New Mexico's Chris Robertson and Arizona's Marco Emond Earn Weekly Awards - CHL
- Eagles Week in Review - Colorado Eagles
- Emond Named Oakley/CHL Goaltender of the Week - Arizona Sundogs
- Ring in 2009 with the Brahmas - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Thunder Awful Night to Honor Winless Lions - Wichita Thunder
- Oilers Make Coaching Change - Tulsa Oilers
- So Long, 08 - Tulsa Oilers
- Riddle on coach's show tonight - Tulsa Oilers
- Jacks Still Top Southern Conference Despite Two Losses - Odessa Jackalopes
- Wichita Bounces Back With Four-Point Weekend - Wichita Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.