Admirals, WisPolitics.com to Stage Presidential Straw PollOctober 10, 2008 - American Hockey League (AHL) - Milwaukee Admirals Press Release
The presidential poll masquerade is scheduled to take place at the Admirals game against the Grand Rapids Griffins on Friday, October 31st at 7:00 pm at the Bradley Center.
"In this very important election we felt it was our duty as a corporate citizen to provide people with as much information as possible prior to November 4th," said Admirals President Jon Greenberg. "While there are many great polls out there, including our own Mike Wojciechowski, we are confident that the data that we generate will be among the best available."
The methodology for this straw poll may be viewed as unconventional, but could revolutionize the political process for years to come, political insiders say.
Here's how it will work: The first 5,000 people who come to the game will receive a mask with an image of presidential candidates Barack Obama on one side and the image of John McCain on the other. At a yet to be determined break in the action, each person with a mask will show their support by showing the Obama side or the McCain side.
The Admirals will then use undisclosed, state-of-the-art technology to determine which candidate has the most people wearing his mask, declaring the winner of the poll. The poll, which takes place four days before the actual November 4 election, holds added importance given Wisconsin's swing-state status and the fact that carrying Wisconsin and its 10 Electoral College votes could be the difference in the election.
Milwaukee will open the regular season with three road games, including the regular season opener tomorrow Saturday, October 11th in San Antonio, before commencing the home portion of their schedule on Saturday, October 18th at 7:30 pm against the Rockford IceHogs at the Bradley Center. Fans can purchase tickets by calling (414) 276-4545 or online at www.milwaukeeadmirals.com.
For more on the real scientific polls and more on the presidential race in Wisconsin, go to the non-partisan political Web site, WisPolitics.com at www.wispolitics.com.
American Hockey League Stories from October 10, 2008
- Hogs Power Through First Win Of 2008-09 - Rockford IceHogs
- Chops down Rivermen to open the season - Peoria Rivermen
- Bulldogs Down Moose In Season Opener - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Giroux, Clackson Lead The Way In 2-1 Phantoms Win Over Bridgeport - Adirondack Phantoms
- Admirals Fall in Season Opener - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Roll Over Rochester in Season Opener - Syracuse Crunch
- Danis turns aside 29 shots but Philadelphia hands Sound Tigers first defeat of the season - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Houston Aeros partner with Red Cross for Aeros Hero Night on Monday - Houston Aeros
- P-Bruins Release Classen - Providence Bruins
- Admirals, WisPolitics.com to Stage Presidential Straw Poll - Milwaukee Admirals
- Marlies To Air Games On FAN 590 - Toronto Marlies
- Worcester Sharks announce TV game schedule - Worcester Sharks
- Amerks Open 2008-09 Season Tonight Against Syracuse - Rochester Americans
- Bulldogs Open 2008-2009 Season Tonight - Hamilton Bulldogs
- www.moosehockey.com gets brand new look - Manitoba Moose
- Season 13 Begins Saturday in Cleveland - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Brandon Sugden Joins Wolf Pack - Connecticut Whale
- AHL Quick Hits - AHL
- Rivermen and Arby's Team Up This Wednesday - Peoria Rivermen
- Marlies Loan Scott Langdon To Reading - Toronto Marlies
- Penguins, ACS team up to raise awareness in fight against breast cancer - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.