Bradley Suttle Back On DL, Ibarra ReturnsApril 29, 2008 - South Atlantic League (SAL) Charleston RiverDogs
Suttle was removed in the 3rd inning of Sunday's 8-3 victory over the Columbus Catfish and replaced by newly-added RiverDog Brian Baisley. It marks the second time this season that Suttle has been placed on the DL, after missing 10 games with a hip flexor strain from April 12 to April 24.
The former Texas Longhorn had registered a .320 average in 13 games for Charleston this season, while playing predominately at the hot corner, with one home run and three RBI.
Ibarra, who was placed on the GCL Yankees roster on April 27, rejoins the RiverDogs to complete their 25-man roster. The Mexican native has made five starts this season splitting time at both second base and shortstop, and has swung the stick at a .158 clip (3-for-19) with three runs scored in limited action.
South Atlantic League Stories from April 29, 2008
- Legends lose in extras to Delmarva 6-5 - Lexington Legends
- Crawdads bust out bats, beat Gnats 13-6 - Savannah Sand Gnats
- 'Birds Fight Off Legends in 11, 6-5 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Hoppers Bullpen Tosses Four No-Hit Innings in 7-4 Loss - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Captains Beat Grasshoppers 7-4 - Lake County Captains
- Greenville Edges Past Rome - Rome Braves
- Visiting Tourists Put Up 16 in Win Over Fish - Columbus Catfish
- Jackets Drop Fifth Straight - Augusta GreenJackets
- BlueClaws rally for 5-4 walk-off win over Kannapolis - Lakewood BlueClaws
- RiverDogs Take Measure of GreenJackets, 6-3 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Suns score seven to top West Virginia - Hagerstown Suns
- Suns silence Power offense - West Virginia Power
- Evarts Placed On Disabled List - Rome Braves
- Greensboro Grasshoppers Game Notes 4/29 - Greensboro Grasshoppers
- Bradley Suttle Back On DL, Ibarra Returns - Charleston RiverDogs
- BlueClaws Back For Eight Games Beginning Tuesday - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Sand Gnats Make Roster Changes - Savannah Sand Gnats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.