Dragons' Jeremy Horst Named MWL Pitcher Of The WeekApril 21, 2008 - Midwest League (MWL) - Dayton Dragons
Horst tossed six scoreless innings during the week, allowing one hit with one walk with 11 strikeouts. He is 1-0 with a 0.61 earned run average this season. Opposing batters are hitting a combined .128 against Horst on the year.
Horst is a 22-year-old native of Burlington, North Dakota. He played college baseball at Armstrong Atlantic State University in Georgia before being selected in the 21st round of the 2007 draft by the Cincinnati Reds.
The Dragons host the Cedar Rapids Kernels tonight at 7:00 p.m. at Fifth Third Field in the start of a three-game series. For ticket information, call (937) 228-2287.
Midwest League Stories from April 21, 2008
- Dragons blast Kernels, 10-3 - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Loons' Ninth Inning Rally Falls Two Runs Short - Great Lakes Loons
- Big Seventh Inning Keys Dragons Win - Dayton Dragons
- Cougars Hang on to Clip Loons - Kane County Cougars
- Lugnuts blast past Peoria - Lansing Lugnuts
- Garcia throws gem, Granderson's bat leads win - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Hawks hang a loss on Rattlers - South Bend Silver Hawks
- Chiefs Fall 6-3 Monday - Peoria Chiefs
- Chiefs Ready for Bradley Night at O'Brien Field - Peoria Chiefs
- Business As Usual At Modern Woodmen Park - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Carpenter, Samuel Receive First QC Call-Ups Of The Year - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Dragons' Jeremy Horst Named MWL Pitcher Of The Week - Dayton Dragons
- Dragons Add Defensive Whiz Zack Cozart - Dayton Dragons
- Donald Driver To Take Over Brett Favre's Softball Game - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Snappy Donates to Big Brothers Big Sisters - Beloit Snappers
- Kernels complete sweep with 5-2 win over Silver Hawks - Cedar Rapids Kernels
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.