Fathers Day Auction Set To Benefit Rai Henniger Family FundJune 16, 2007 - South Atlantic League (SAL) - Hagerstown Suns
The Hagerstown Suns created the auction and have asked fans to help support the fund by donating auction items. Some of the donated items include autographed baseballs of Jim Palmer, Gaylord Perry, Frank Howard, Stan Musial, and the entire 2007 Washington Nationals baseball team. Also donated was a Whitey Ford autographed photo; a Nolan Ryan autographed biography "Throwing Heat" and four copies of "The Complete Guide to Big League Ballparks".
The Suns were also able to secure very special donations from the Roger Clemens Foundation. Mr. Clemens' foundation donated a Roger Clemens autographed baseball and an autographed 8"x10" photo. The Suns will donate several collectibles and prize packages from the team. "We believe it is our responsibility to help however we can. Fireworks are an important part of the promotional schedule in Minor League Baseball and I hope many teams find a way to contribute to the "Rai Henniger Family Fund," said Suns General Manager Will Smith who personally donated Whitey Ford and Gaylord Perry autographs, as well as a Rafael Furcal game-used bat and a 1982 Topps Cal Ripken Rookie card.
The auction will be a Silent Auction and will begin at 12:35 p.m. on Sunday, June 17th when Municipal Stadium opens. The auction will run through the 7th inning stretch of the Suns game. Winning bids may be paid by credit card (Visa, MC, Discover) or cash. All items may be picked up that day and will be available to be given to fathers on Fathers Day.
The Suns are a single-A affiliate of the Washington Nationals and are owned by Los Angeles based Mandalay Baseball Properties. For more information, or to purchase tickets, contact the Suns at 301.791.6266 or visit online at www.hagerstownsuns.com.
South Atlantic League Stories from June 16, 2007
- Gnats drop second in a row on late homers - Savannah Sand Gnats
- Drive Hook Catfish, 5-4 - Greenville Drive
- Captains sweep oubleheader - West Virginia Power
- Kannapolis Blasts its Way to Blow-Out Win over Greensboro - Kannapolis Intimidators
- Suns shutout the Lexington Legends - Hagerstown Suns
- 4-2 Win for Lakewood - Lakewood BlueClaws
- GreenJackets Shutout Out - Augusta GreenJackets
- 'Birds Fall to 'Claws, 4-2 - Delmarva Shorebirds
- RiverDogs Stain GreenJackets, 2-0 - Charleston RiverDogs
- Asheville defeats Hickory - Asheville Tourists
- Captains Snap Skid Against Power - West Virginia Power
- Fathers Day Auction Set To Benefit Rai Henniger Family Fund - Hagerstown Suns
- Suns Infielder Leonard Davis Named To South Atlantic League All-Star Game - Hagerstown Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.