Kernels Bite Back to Win FinaleJune 14, 2007 - Midwest League (MWL) Beloit Snappers
The Snappers struck first in the bottom of the second inning on a Wilson Ramos RBI groundout. Ramos' RBI gave Beloit a 1-0 lead after two.
Beloit scored another run in the bottom of the fourth inning to take a 2-0 lead. Wilson Ramos had his second RBI groundout of the night to push the Snappers ahead by two.
That would be all the scoring that the Snappers would do, however. The Kernels scored in the sixth, seventh, eighth, and ninth to take control of the game and eventually win, 6-2.
Beloit starter, Brian Kirwan, pitched six strong innings of three hit, one run baseball but picked up a no-decision.
The Snappers' record dropped to 42-25.
Midwest League Stories from June 14, 2007
- Bees Complete Sweep of Chiefs - Burlington Bees
- Cougars Roll Over LumberKings, 8-0 - Kane County Cougars
- Kernels Bite Back to Win Finale - Beloit Snappers
- Chiefs Drop Fifth Straight 8-6 to Burlington - Peoria Chiefs
- Loons Fall, Win Streak Ends at Five - Great Lakes Loons
- Swing Silence Rattlers - Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Lugnuts Pound Great Lakes - Lansing Lugnuts
- Furnish Stifles Rattlers as Swing Stay in Playoff Race - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Parker Paces Dragons in Walk-Off Win - Dayton Dragons
- Whitecaps Drop Sixth Straight - West Michigan Whitecaps
- Only three games remain in the first half - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Dayton Dragons First Half Champs - MWL
- Peterson Placed on Disabled List - Great Lakes Loons
- Esquer Back to DL, Young Back with Dragons - Dayton Dragons
- Six run fifth clinches playoffs for Snappers - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Sweeney's big blow sends Kernels to 3-1 win - Cedar Rapids Kernels
- Swing To Revamp Website With Fresh New Look - Quad Cities River Bandits
- Bees Roster Gets Overhaul - Burlington Bees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.