Young Fury FC Players Looking to Shine in Second CapCity Cup
TAWA - For a second year, Ottawa Fury FC will host Major League Soccer club Montreal Impact at TD Place in the CapCity Cup on Tuesday, June 18 (kickoff at 7 p.m.). If the inaugural edition last season is any indication, this year's friendly match between the two affiliated clubs could represent a crucial opportunity for young talents looking to shine.
Much more than the traditional friendly match between two clubs, this showcase embodies the expression of what makes our soccer community great. With Fury FC General Manager Julian de Guzman and Head Coach Nikola Popovic continuing their work in shaping Canadian soccer and providing some of our best talents a place to hone their craft, the CapCity Cup will grow into a symbol of what young local athletes can aspire to achieve.
In fact, CapCity Cup has already delivered a valuable platform in its inaugural year, with three young athletes then on trial with the Ottawa club earning their spot on the 2019 Fury FC roster, including Ottawa-native defender Jadon Vilfort.
"CapCity Cup was born out of our desire to honour our status as the Nation's Capital professional soccer club and highlight our local soccer community, its passion, growth and abilities," explained Ottawa Fury FC General Manager Julian de Guzman. "We aim to have CapCity Cup be something fans look forward to every year, and our way of thanking them for their support by bringing in a quality opponent for a demonstration of our brightest up-and-coming players."
The 2019 edition of the CapCity Cup is also the perfect event to cap off this year's I Heart Soccer celebration, a 10-day footy frenzy at Lansdowne featuring over a dozen of soccer-related activities ranging from a grassroots festival and youth skills competitions, adult soccer clinics and tournaments, to street soccer and all abilities soccer clinics as well as indoor glow soccer. I Heart Soccer will also feature a TD Place Watch Party for one of Canada's Women's National Team international match in this summer's biggest women's soccer tournament, followed by a USL Championship Fury FC match as Ottawa hosts Memphis in our first Fury FC Patio Party.
Tickets for the 2019 CapCity Cup are on sale now at OttawaFuryFC.com/tickets or by contacting the TD Place Box Office. Current Fury FC season seat members already have this match as part of their package and will have the opportunity to purchase more at a reduced rate.
For a full schedule of activities during the 10-day I Heart Soccer celebration, including ticket information, visit OttawaFuryFC.com/IHeartSoccer.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 15, 2019
- Legion FC Win First U.S. Open Cup Match - Birmingham Legion FC
- Indy Eleven Advances in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 1-0 Win over Lansing Ignite FC - Indy Eleven
- North Carolina FC Dominates Richmond 4-1 in Open Cup Victory - North Carolina FC
- Lawal's Goal Lifts Fresno Past El Farolito in Second Round of US Open Cup - Fresno FC
- Lights Letter: May Partner News - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Nashville SC Brings Right Mindset in 3-2 U.S. Open Cup Win over Tormenta FC 2 - Nashville SC
- Party by the Pitch Returns with Drink Special - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC FW Luis Palma Named to Honduras FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster - Real Monarchs SLC
- Fresno FC at El Farolito in US Open Cup Second Round - Fresno FC
- Young Fury FC Players Looking to Shine in Second CapCity Cup - Ottawa Fury FC
- Alan Winn Takes Advantage of Opportunities in Last Two Starts - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Launches SAFC Youth Club Affiliate Network - San Antonio FC
- Hartford Athletic to Recognize Military and First Responders on Memorial Day Weekend Matchup - Hartford Athletic
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 11 - USL
- Three Things: Rowdies 4 - 1 The Villages SC - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Indy Eleven to Face Detroit City FC in August Exhibition - Indy Eleven
- Lights FC Kicks off Us Open Cup Action with 2-0 Victory in #wynalderby - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.