Indy Eleven to Face Detroit City FC in August Exhibition
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven will serve as the guest for an in-season friendly for the first time in club history on Tuesday, August 13, when the Boys in Blue head north to face Detroit City FC of the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL). The first-ever meeting between the two clubs will kick off from Keyworth Stadium in Hamtramck, Mich., at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Tickets for DCFC vs. Indy Eleven will be available for purchase for just $12 at tickets.detcityfc.com this Friday, May 17. Tickets will be $15 at the gate on matchday.
"We were pleased to accept Detroit City FC's invitation to play on a number of fronts," said Indy Eleven CEO and President Greg Stremlaw. "DCFC will provide a level of competition that will keep our roster sharp and an environment we look forward to experiencing firsthand."
The Boys in Blue will see a familiar face on the opposite bench in August in the person of Trevor James, the former Eleven Technical Director from 2017-18 who was installed as DCFC's head coach this past January. Indiana's Team joins a pair of Mexican First Division (Liga MX) clubs on DCFC's summer friendly list alongside Lobos BUOP (July 10) and Atlas FC (Sept. 7).
"We've had a lot of respect for the Indy Eleven organization since they launched, and it is a real privilege to host them at Keyworth this summer," said Sean Mann, DCFC CEO.
Founded in 2012, Detroit City FC (DCFC) has established itself as one of the most talked about teams in American soccer thanks to the organization's grass roots establishment, community-driven mission and passionate fan base. DCFC last week began its eighth season in the semi-pro NPSL, while the August friendly against Indy Eleven will serve as a tune-up for its participation in this fall's NPSL Founders Cup, an 11-team competition for NPSL clubs featuring professional rosters.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from May 15, 2019
- Legion FC Win First U.S. Open Cup Match - Birmingham Legion FC
- Indy Eleven Advances in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 1-0 Win over Lansing Ignite FC - Indy Eleven
- North Carolina FC Dominates Richmond 4-1 in Open Cup Victory - North Carolina FC
- Lawal's Goal Lifts Fresno Past El Farolito in Second Round of US Open Cup - Fresno FC
- Lights Letter: May Partner News - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Nashville SC Brings Right Mindset in 3-2 U.S. Open Cup Win over Tormenta FC 2 - Nashville SC
- Party by the Pitch Returns with Drink Special - Nashville SC
- Real Monarchs SLC FW Luis Palma Named to Honduras FIFA U-20 World Cup Roster - Real Monarchs SLC
- Fresno FC at El Farolito in US Open Cup Second Round - Fresno FC
- Young Fury FC Players Looking to Shine in Second CapCity Cup - Ottawa Fury FC
- Alan Winn Takes Advantage of Opportunities in Last Two Starts - Nashville SC
- San Antonio FC Launches SAFC Youth Club Affiliate Network - San Antonio FC
- Hartford Athletic to Recognize Military and First Responders on Memorial Day Weekend Matchup - Hartford Athletic
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 11 - USL
- Three Things: Rowdies 4 - 1 The Villages SC - Tampa Bay Rowdies
- Indy Eleven to Face Detroit City FC in August Exhibition - Indy Eleven
- Lights FC Kicks off Us Open Cup Action with 2-0 Victory in #wynalderby - Las Vegas Lights FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Late Goal Gives Indy Eleven 1-0 Victory over Charleston Battery
- Preview | Indy Eleven Continues Home Stand vs. Charleston Battery
- Indy Eleven Drops New Checkered Flag Jerseys on Honda Racing Drivers Today at IMS
- Indy Eleven Advances in Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup with 1-0 Win over Lansing Ignite FC
- Indy Eleven to Face Detroit City FC in August Exhibition