Yard Goats INF Tyler Nevin Named Eastern League Player of Month
(Hartford, CT) The Hartford Yard Goats Baseball Club, the Double-A Eastern League affiliate of the Colorado Rockies, has been informed by the Eastern League that infielder Tyler Nevin was named Eastern League Player of the month for August. Nevin hit .291 (32-for-110) with 11 doubles, eight home runs, 24 RBIs, 14 runs scored, a .363 on-base percentage, and a .609 slugging percentage in 30 games during the month. The 22-year old had at least one hit in 22 of the games he played in during the month of August and had 10 multiple hit games during the month. Nevin finished the month strong for the Yard Goats, posting a seven game hitting streak from August 24th-August 29th. During that hitting streak Tyler also had a stretch of four consecutive games with a home run from August 27th-August 29th.
He is the fourth Yard Goats player this season to earn an honor by the Eastern League, as infielder/outfielder Bret Boswell was named Eastern League Player of the Week on August 12, left-handed pitcher Jack Wynkoop (WINE-koop) was named Eastern League Pitcher of the week on July 8th, and right-handed pitcher Rico Garcia was named EL Pitcher of the Week on June 10th.
The 6'4", 200 lb. slugger led all Eastern League players in home runs (8), RBIs (24), slugging percentage (.609), OPS (.972), extra-base hits (19), and total bases (67) during the month of August and tied for the lead in doubles (11). He also ranked among the monthly league leaders in hits (32-tied 4th), batting average (.291-6th), and on-base percentage (.363-8th). Nevin, who is a native of Poway, California, finished the season hitting .251 (117-for-466) with 26 doubles, 13 home runs, 61 RBIs, and 60 runs scored in 130 games while making his Double-A debut for the Yard Goats.
Tyler, who is rated by MLB.com as the 11th best prospect in the Colorado organization, was selected by the Colorado Rockies in the first round (38th overall pick) of the 2015 draft out of Poway High School in California.
Fans can purchase 2020 Yard Goats season tickets by calling 860-246-GOAT (4628), or in person by visiting the Click It or Ticket Box Office at Dunkin' Donuts Park. The Yard Goats open the 2020 season on April 9th (7:10 PM) against the Red Sox affiliate, the Portland Sea Dogs.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from September 5, 2019
- Harrisburg Ties Series with 5-4 Win - Bowie Baysox
- Senators Knot Series in 12 - Harrisburg Senators
- Season On The Brink - Reading Fightin Phils
- Thunder Surge Ahead in 10th for 2-0 Series Lead - Trenton Thunder
- Yard Goats INF Tyler Nevin Named Eastern League Player of Month - Hartford Yard Goats
- Hartford's Tyler Nevin Named August Player of the Month - EL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hartford Yard Goats Stories
- Yard Goats to Once Again Host Connecticut's Largest Halloween Trick Or Treat Event
- Yard Goats Recognized for Two Major Awards by Eastern League
- Yard Goats Season Recap
- Yard Goats INF Tyler Nevin Named Eastern League Player of Month
- Yard Goats Rally Falls Short in 4-3 Loss