Yankees Come Back Late to Drop Royals 4-2
A four run ninth propelled the Pulaski Yankees to a 4- 2 tonight at Burlington Athletic Stadium over the Royals.
In a game dominated by pitching through seven innings, the Burlington Royals would score twice in the eighth to break the deadlock.
Jake Means' single to right highlighted the Royals scoring in the frame. Maikel Garcia would plate on the safety, as Vinnie Pasquantino followed him on a throwing error.
Garcia would lead the offense for Burlington with three knocks, including a triple and his league leading 19th steal of 2019.
Mitch Spence would pick up the win for the Yankees to improve to 2-3 on the year. Jonah DiPoto was tagged with the loss to go to 1-2 in 2019.
The win for Pulaski moves their division magic to one in the Appalachian League East division.
The Royals conclude the series with a 6:30 pm first pitch tomorrow against the Yankees. Tomorrow marks the close of the 2019 regular season home schedule. The Royals will celebrate with a special Fan Appreciation Night - free tickets to the first 700 fans!
Playoff tickets are on sale now for the Appy League playoffs. Call (336) 222-0223 or visit www.burlingtonroyals.com to place your order.
• Discuss this story on the Appalachian League message board...
Appalachian League Stories from August 24, 2019
- G-Reds Shutout Saturday - Greeneville Reds
- Mendoza's Strong Start, Late Plate Work Lift Pirates - Bristol Pirates
- Cardinals Look to Win Rubber Match Sunday vs. Bristol - Johnson City Cardinals
- Yankees Come Back Late to Drop Royals 4-2 - Burlington Royals
- Mets Ride the Longball to Win - Kingsport Mets
- Twins End Back-And Forth Game with 6-5 Walk-Off Win over Braves - Elizabethton Twins
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.