Wranglers Start Game Worn Jersey Auction Tomorrow
Las Vegas, NV- The Las Vegas Wranglers announced today that the team will start an online jersey auction at Noon on Wednesday, July 25th and ending on Saturday, August 4th at Noon.
Wranglers' fans interested in bidding for their favorite player's jersey may do so by going to www.ebay.com and typing in "Las Vegas Wranglers" in the search engine. Fans may also search by seller by typing in "Las Vegas Wranglers". Bidding starts at $225 per jersey and includes a Certificate of Authenticity. The majority of the jerseys were worn by the Wranglers during the team's 18-game winning streak from March 10th - April 22nd. The winning streak tied a professional hockey record for the most consecutive wins all-time.
Jerseys available from the record setting 2006-07 Wranglers include the red, white and black jerseys. Captain Mike McBain's red and black jerseys are up for auction. Fans may also bid on goalie Mike McKenna's red and black game worn jerseys. Only four white jerseys remain from the 2006-07 season, defensemen Scott Schoneck and Jason Jozsa, as well as forwards Arpad Mihaly and Shawn Limpright. In all, there are 48 total jerseys up for bid, including 21 red and 24 black.
Opening Day for the ECHL's 20th Anniversary Season will be October 18th when the Johnstown Chiefs host the Wheeling Nailers at Cambria County War Memorial in a rematch of Game 7 from the first-ever ECHL Finals. The ECHL will play 900 games beginning October 18th and concluding April 5th.
Celebrating its 20th Anniversary as the Premier 'AA' Hockey League in 2007-08, the ECHL began in 1988-89 with five teams in three states and has grown to be a coast-to-coast league that will have 25 teams in 17 states and British Columbia in 2007-08. The 25 teams includes the Mississippi (Biloxi) Sea Wolves, who return after missing two seasons in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, and the expansion Elmira (N.Y.) Jackals.
The Wranglers play all 36 home games at the Orleans Arena, located at the Orleans Hotel and Casino at 4500 W. Tropicana Avenue. Las Vegas will host Opening Night on Sunday, October 21st at 7:05 pm at the Orleans Arena. The Wranglers will host the Bakersfield Condors at 7:05 pm on Thursday, October 13th in a preseason game. Seat packages to see the Wranglers play at the Orleans Arena for the upcoming 2007-08 season are on sale now, starting as low as $157 per seat. Call (702) 471-PUCK (7825) for more information or visit www.lasvegaswranglers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 24, 2007
- Devils Sign Three Players to AHL Contracts - Trenton Devils
- Bombers, Royals Make Scheduling Change - Dayton Bombers
- Colgate Winger Joins Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers News - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Start Game Worn Jersey Auction Tomorrow - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Sea Wolves Agree To Terms With Mark Hurtubise - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Joe Zappala Returns To Reading - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1