Sea Wolves Agree To Terms With Mark Hurtubise
BILOXI, MS - The Mississippi Sea Wolves announced on Tuesday that they have agreed to terms with center Mark Hurtubise. Per club policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Hurtubise spent the 2006-07 season with Long Beach of the ECHL, scoring 17 goals and 24 assists in 71 games. The 6-2, 185-pound Hurtubise spent his first professional season with Adirondack of the United Hockey League, scoring 24 goals and 42 assists for 66 points in 68 games. Prior to turning professional, Hurtubise played four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League with the Quebec Remparts and the Val d'Or Foreurs, scoring 161 points (63g, 98a) in 247 games.
"Mark Hurtubise brings a great offensive skill set to the table," stated Sea Wolves head coach Steffon Walby. "It's a pivotal year in his career and he has the potential to have a breakout season on the Mississippi coast."
On Saturday, October 27th the Sea Wolves will celebrate their return to home ice as the team begins their 10th season in pursuit of the ECHL's Kelly Cup. Season tickets are now on sale and sponsorship packages are available by calling 228.275.WOLF (9653).
Born June 9, 1984 -- Montreal, QC
Height 6.02 -- Weight 185 -- Shoots R
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 24, 2007
- Devils Sign Three Players to AHL Contracts - Trenton Devils
- Bombers, Royals Make Scheduling Change - Dayton Bombers
- Colgate Winger Joins Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Nailers News - Wheeling Nailers
- Wranglers Start Game Worn Jersey Auction Tomorrow - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Sea Wolves Agree To Terms With Mark Hurtubise - Mississippi Sea Wolves
- Joe Zappala Returns To Reading - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.