Wranglers Kelly Cup Daily
Pacific Division Plots
Las Vegas trailed heading into the third period for the first time this post season in Game 3 at Stockton. Thunder goalie Parker Van Buskirk is 5-2 in the playoffs with a 3.15 goals against average and a .904 save percentage. The Wranglers are 1-4 on the road in the playoffs with two of the losses coming in overtime. Around the ECHL - Playoff Update
The South Carolina Stingrays and the Brabham Cup Champion Florida Everblades are tied 1-1 in their series. Florida bounced back from a Game 1 loss and defeated the Stingrays 4-2 at home on Saturday night in Game 2. Game 3 is Friday night in South Carolina at 7:05 PM (EST).
The Cincinnati Cyclones scored three special teams goals in a 4-2 win at Elmira on Wednesday night. The win gives the Cyclones a three game to none lead in the best of seven series for the North Division Finals title. A club playoff record two shorthanded goals guided the way, as the Cyclones ran their road record in the postseason to a perfect 4-0. Game 4 is Friday in Elmira at 7:35 pm (EST).
Center Colin Hemingway scored twice as part of a four-goal blitz in less than six minutes as Alaska erupted for five unanswered third period goals in a 5-2 win at Victoria in front of 4,449 Wednesday at the Save-On Foods Memorial Centre. The Aces lead the best-of-seven West Division Finals 3-0 and are now one win away from a fourth trip to the conference finals in the last five years. Alaska bids for the clean sweep Friday at 7:05 pm in Victoria. Game 3 Recap
Stockton, CA - The Las Vegas Wranglers were defeated by the Stockton Thunder 5-1 in Game 3 of the Pacific Division Finals in front of 4,237 fans at the Stockton Arena on Thursday night. Stockton now leads the best of seven series 2-1. Thunder goalie Parker Van Buskirk stopped 38 shots, improving to 5-2 in the playoffs. Rookie forward Ryan Huddy scored twice and added an assist for the Thunder. Stockton forwards Craig Vallette and Garet Hunt also scored in the Thunder victory. Wranglers' defenseman Jason Dest scored the team's only goal and goalie John DeCaro suffered the loss with 30 saves on 35 Stockton shots.
Game 5 Tickets! Game "F"
Playoff Ticket Holders use Game "F" for Game 5 on Monday night. Playoff Strip Tickets may still be purchased through the Wranglers front office at 702.471.7825
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 1, 2009
- Salmon Kings Stay Alive with 4-0 Win - Alaska Aces
- Salmon Kings Bounce Back - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Salmon Kings' Game Five Tickets On Sale - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Stingrays Take Series Lead on 4-3 Win Over Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Finish Off Elmira, 2-0 -- Head To Conference Finals - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades come-back falls short; Rays win 4-3 - Florida Everblades
- Bombers Host Second Equipment and Merchandise Sale - Dayton Bombers
- Alaska's Stefanishion Suspended One Game, Fined - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers Kelly Cup Daily - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Kelly Cup Quest - South Carolina Stingrays
- Chiefs Rank High In Season Ticket Renewals - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Thunder take 2-1 series lead on Huddy's three points, Van Buskirk's 38 saves - Stockton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Las Vegas Wranglers Stories
- Las Vegas Wranglers to Return to the Ice for 2015-16 Season
- Wranglers' Season Comes to Close with 3-2 Game Four Loss to Aces
- Wranglers Fall in Game Three at Home to Alaska, 5-1
- Wranglers Fall to Aces in Game Two Nail-Biter, 3-1
- Wranglers Dropped by Aces in Game One, 5-1