Alaska's Stefanishion Suspended One Game, Fined
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced that it has suspended Alaska right
wing Matt Stefanishion for one game and fined him an undisclosed amount as
a result of his actions in Kelly Cup Playoffs Game #L-3 at Victoria on Apr.
Stefanishion was assessed a major penalty and a Game Misconduct under Rule 61.5 Slashing at 9:31 of the third period.
He is suspended and fined under Rule 29 Supplemental Discipline.
Under the terms of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the ECHL and the Professional Hockey Players' Association, player fines collected by the ECHL are given to the PHPA for its ECHL Player's Hardship Fund.
Stefanishion will miss Alaska's game at Victoria (May 1).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 1, 2009
- Salmon Kings Stay Alive with 4-0 Win - Alaska Aces
- Salmon Kings Bounce Back - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Salmon Kings' Game Five Tickets On Sale - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Stingrays Take Series Lead on 4-3 Win Over Everblades - South Carolina Stingrays
- Cyclones Finish Off Elmira, 2-0 -- Head To Conference Finals - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Blades come-back falls short; Rays win 4-3 - Florida Everblades
- Bombers Host Second Equipment and Merchandise Sale - Dayton Bombers
- Alaska's Stefanishion Suspended One Game, Fined - Alaska Aces
- Wranglers Kelly Cup Daily - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Kelly Cup Quest - South Carolina Stingrays
- Chiefs Rank High In Season Ticket Renewals - Johnstown Chiefs
- ECHL Today - ECHL
- Thunder take 2-1 series lead on Huddy's three points, Van Buskirk's 38 saves - Stockton Thunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.