Worcester Railers HC Extend Broadcast Agreement with 98.9 FM NASH ICON
Worcester, MA- The Worcester Railers Hockey Club (@RailersHC), proud ECHL (@ECHL) affiliate of the New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) has announced a two year extension on the broadcast agreement with 98.9 FM NASH ICON (@NashIcon989) for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 ECHL seasons.
Coverage begins on Saturday, October 13 when the Railers travel to battle the Royals in Reading, PA at 7pm. All 72 regular season games will be broadcast live on the radio on 98.9 FM NASH ICON and streamed live on www.nashicon989.com and through www.RailersHC.com. Each broadcast will include a 30 minute pregame show.
Worcester Railers HC play-by-play voice and vice president of communications and marketing, Eric Lindquist, returns for his second season with the Railers, his tenth season of calling professional hockey in Worcester. Lindquist previously called the San Jose Sharks AHL affiliate for nine seasons (2006-2016), including the 2009 AHL All-Star Classic in Worcester. He is entering his 14th season in professional hockey and has called more than 1000 professional hockey games in the ECHL and AHL. In addition, Worcester Railers public relations and social media coordinator Tom "Tuesday" Matthews with provide color commentary once again this season and host the intermissions.
"The Railers are excited to extend the partnership with NASH ICON and the Worcester based Cumulus stations as we look to continue the momentum that we gathered last season," said Worcester Railers HC president Michael G. Myers. "Eric and Tom did a great job last season and we look forward to their continued passion for Railers hockey on the radio again this year."
About 98.9FM NASH ICON:
98.9 FM NASH ICON provides today's hottest country music hits though out the greater Worcester area. For over four years, NASH ICON has been Worcester's exclusive source for country music and includes local programming with shows anchored by Adam Webster, Dave O'Gara, and Mark Veau.
"98.9 FM NASH ICON is thrilled to extend the partnership with the Worcester Railers and look forward to another two years of ECHL action as part of our programming line-up," said Cumulus Regional Vice President Bob Goodell. "We look forward to continue to cross promote the Railers on all three cumulus radio stations in Worcester and can't wait to get season two going."
What's on tap? - Railers 2.0 begins with two games in Reading, PA vs. the Royals
On Saturday, Oct 13, the Railers begin their 72 games regular season schedule with a 7pm start in Reading, PA vs. the Reading Royals. The Railers battle the Royals again on Sunday, Oct 14 at 5pm.
On Saturday, Oct 20 the Worcester Railers HC host the Maine Mariners at 7:05pm on RAILERS 2.0 OPENING NIGHT! The first 7,500 fans will receive a Railers magnet schedule courtesy of the Worcester Telegram and Gazette. One of the most popular entertainment acts in all of professional sports will perform.....the QUICK CHANGE magic act featuring David and Dania as seen on America's Got Talent! Doors will open early at 5:30pm at the DCU Center and fans are encouraged to be seated by 6:50pm for the opening night pregame show. Tickets start as low as $15!
The Railers Tavern, located behind the DCU Center provides hockey fans with a great pregame and postgame atmosphere all season long. Watch road games broadcast live at Railers Tavern (Monday through Thursday road games), at Nonna's at the Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center (Friday through Sunday road games) or watch on ECHLTV.com for a small fee. Listen to all Railers games live on 98.9 Nash ICON with coverage beginning 30 minutes before puck drop with Eric Lindquist and Tom Tuesday Matthews. Full season memberships, mini plans, and group tickets are on sale now by calling the Railers front office at 508-365-1750 or by visiting www.RailersHC.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 12, 2018
- Gladiators Announce Opening Night Roster - Atlanta Gladiators
- Fuel Edged in 2018-19 Season Opener - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Fall 3-2 in Shootout Loss to Wichita - Idaho Steelheads
- Mavs Rout Americans to Open Season - Kansas City Mavericks
- Toledo Erases Deficit, Overcomes Swamp Rabbits in OT - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Late Rally Not Enough for Blades in Season-Opening Loss to Growlers - Florida Everblades
- Growlers Win Inaugural Game - Newfoundland Growlers
- Dallas Re-Assigns Desrosiers to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- ECHL Transactions - October 12 - ECHL
- 7 Cowbell World Record Attempts at Royals Game Saturday - Reading Royals
- Americans Set to Open 10th Anniversary Season Tonight - Allen Americans
- Worcester Railers HC Extend Broadcast Agreement with 98.9 FM NASH ICON - Worcester Railers HC
- Coach Pyle Announces Captains - Atlanta Gladiators
- Glads to Hold Player Meet and Greet at Uncle Jack's Meat House - Atlanta Gladiators
- Game Day Report: Mavericks Host Americans in Season Opener - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Announce 2018-19 Opening Roster - Wheeling Nailers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Worcester Railers HC Stories
- Worcester Railers HC Announce Suspension of Play for the 2020-21 Season
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Forward Eddie Matsushima for the 2020-21 Season
- Fidelity Bank Worcester Ice Center to Host Worcester Sports Retail Sidewalk Sale on October 24
- Worcester Railers Announce Revised Start Date for 2020-21 Season
- Worcester Railers HC Sign Rookie Forward Anthony Repaci for the 2020-21 Season