Wolves Down Westchester for Second Straight Win
ORLANDO, FL - The Iowa Wolves (2-10), the NBA G League affiliate of the Minnesota Timberwolves, won by a score of 111-105 over the Westchester Knicks (6-6) tonight at the HP Field House.
The Knicks led by as many as 11 in the first quarter and extended that lead to 22 in the second quarter on 14 turnovers by Iowa, compared to Westchester's two. The Wolves got into early foul trouble in the first half, heading into the locker room with 15 personal fouls converting to 17 first-half points for Westchester.
At the halfway mark Canyon Barry and Ade Murkey led Iowa with seven points each, and Dakarai Tucker led the Wolves with six rebounds. Myles Powell led Westchester with 13 points, while Ignas Brazdeikis led the Knicks with six rebounds at halftime.
Iowa cut Westchester's lead down to 13 in the third quarter, behind 14 points from Briscoe and 10 points from Charlie Brown, Jr.. Iowa held the 16-to-8 rebound advantage in the quarter.
Iowa opened the fourth quarter on an 8-0 run, chasing the lead down to the 4:07 mark and taking their first lead of the game at 93-92 on a driving jump-shot from Lindell Wigginton. Iowa held on to win 111-105 after a 39-to-20 fourth quarter in Iowa's favor.
Iowa was led by 23 points from Lindell Wigginton and a season-high 14 rebounds from Raphiael Putney. Brown, Jr., Briscoe, Barry and Putney all contributed double-digit scoring efforts in the win for Iowa.
Ignas Brazdeikis led Westchester with 21 points and 11 rebounds.
The Wolves will take on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers this Tuesday, March 2 at 3:30 p.m. CT at the HP Field House.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 28, 2021
- BayHawks Clinch Playoff Berth, Defeat Greensboro 126-91 - Erie BayHawks
- Wolves Down Westchester for Second Straight Win - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Drop Back and Forth Game to Lakeland - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Salt Lake City Stars Comeback Falls Short against Rio Grande Valley Vipers - Salt Lake City Stars
- Lakeland Magic Defeat Fort Wayne Mad Ants - Lakeland Magic
- Santa Cruz Edges Spurs - Austin Spurs
- Warriors Beat Spurs 109-104 and Extend Win Streak to Eight - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Charge Drop Heartbreaker to Ignite - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.