Wolves & OHL Announce Initial Return to Play Plan Details
(Greater Sudbury, ON) The Sudbury Wolves, in conjunction with the Ontario Hockey League, are pleased to announce that the league is planning to resume play for the 2020-2021 season in early December with a 64-game schedule.
"Today's announcement is a huge step in the right direction for our organization and the OHL as a whole. We are very excited to have a date to work towards for the resumption of play." said Sudbury Wolves owner Dario Zulich. "Although several details regarding the upcoming season still need to be ironed out and confirmed, we are thrilled to be receiving a final schedule very soon. The number one priority has always been and always will be the health and safety of our players, staff and fans as we prepare for the season. We cannot wait to welcome everyone back to the Sudbury Community Arena this winter!"
The league's return to play overview plan includes only inter-conference play, with a few close exceptions to help decrease long travel between cities. With the expected start date near December 1st, the regular season is planned to wrap up April 29th with the playoffs and Memorial Cup anticipated to follow.
"We are very excited with the announcement from the league on our return to play overview," added Sudbury Wolves General Manager Rob Papineau. "We look forward to receiving more details over the coming weeks from the league and preparing to welcome our players back to our beautiful city. This plan is very good news for our players, our staff and all our fans. Over the past two seasons, our hockey club made great improvements and we have witnessed some world class players wearing a Wolves uniform. We look forward to the opportunity to compete for both a conference and league championship as well as a chance to play in the Memorial Cup next June."
The Wolves, Ontario Hockey League and Canadian Hockey League will continue to consult with Public Health and the Provincial and Federal Governments to make sure everyone remains safe as the teams prepare to return to play.
The Sudbury Wolves would like to thank our loyal season ticket holders and fan base for their support over the past five months. As more details on the upcoming season are available, we will continue to keep you informed. To stay up to date on all things Sudbury Wolves, visit sudburywolves.com or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 5, 2020
- OHL Plans for December 1 Start - North Bay Battalion
- Barrie Colts Season to Begin December 1st - Barrie Colts
- OHL Announces Targeted Return to Play Date of December 1st - Owen Sound Attack
- Ontario Hockey League Releases Return to Play Plan for 2020-21 Season - Ottawa 67's
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Return to Play Plans - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Unveils Initial Return to Play Plan for 2020-21 Season - Sarnia Sting
- Wolves & OHL Announce Initial Return to Play Plan Details - Sudbury Wolves
- OHL Announces Return to Play Plans - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sudbury Wolves Stories
- SWSE Opens Store in New Sudbury Centre
- Statement from Dario Zulich on Ontario Superior Court Ruling
- Wolves Announce Donation from Health Sciences North Foundation Game
- Wolves & OHL Announce Initial Return to Play Plan Details
- Wolves Select Forwards in CHL Import Draft