Ontario Hockey League Releases Return to Play Plan for 2020-21 Season
OTTAWA - The Ontario Hockey League announced Wednesday the targeted date for the start of the 2020-21 season, which will be December 1st, 2020, subject to public health guidelines. Along with this targeted date, the league also released its Return to Play strategy.
It was announced that the 2020-21 regular season will be reduced to 64 games, four less than previous years. The regular season will be condensed from the start of December to the targeted date for the end of the season, April 29th, 2021.
The playoff format will be the usual sixteen teams, eight per-conference. The OHL playoffs are scheduled to take place from May 2nd to June 14th, 2021. The Memorial Cup will be held from June 17 to 27, 2021 hosted in Ontario by either the Oshawa Generals or the Soo Greyhounds.
Next week, the 67's will launch a deposit campaign for 2020-21 ticket packages. Fans will have the opportunity to reserve season-seats, flex packages and group tickets by placing a small, fully refundable deposit. If we are unable to host fans inside TD Place, fans will be presented with options that include refunds. More information is available on the Ottawa 67's website.
The 67's are getting their season preparations started this week with Virtual Development Camp meetings, which will be followed by their training camp at a date to be determined.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from August 5, 2020
- OHL Plans for December 1 Start - North Bay Battalion
- Barrie Colts Season to Begin December 1st - Barrie Colts
- OHL Announces Targeted Return to Play Date of December 1st - Owen Sound Attack
- Ontario Hockey League Releases Return to Play Plan for 2020-21 Season - Ottawa 67's
- Ontario Hockey League Announces Return to Play Plans - Peterborough Petes
- OHL Unveils Initial Return to Play Plan for 2020-21 Season - Sarnia Sting
- Wolves & OHL Announce Initial Return to Play Plan Details - Sudbury Wolves
- OHL Announces Return to Play Plans - OHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.